Superior Aqua Systems

SWGs, salt water chlorine generators, chlorinators,
ozone generators, UV systems, . . .
Schark

Superior Aqua Systems

Postby Schark » Wed 21 Feb, 2007 15:15

Has anyone had any experience with the superior aqua systems ion/ozone system? I'm looking to install it down in the islands and I like the notion of being able to buy bleach and acid at the hardware store if I need them. It sounds too simple to be true.... anyone know the pitfalls of the system?

Pool Owner
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Postby Pool Owner » Tue 27 Feb, 2007 10:33

I do not know about this system; however, any alternate system that does not include chlorine (or similar) will need to have chlorine added and/or will not protect the entire pool. The “hardware store” bleach and acid can be used on any pool without modifications. Check out some of the other forums for BBB to get a better description. If you have a gunnite pool like I do, you will likely only need B (bleach) and acid.
Pool Owner
Orange County, CA, USA
poolforum(dot)blogspot(dot)com

Superior Aqua Systems

Postby Guest » Wed 05 May, 2010 15:30

I used this system last year. I live in upstate New York. It worked perfect. I have owned a pool for 20+ years & last year was the first time a never had algae. All you do is add one gallon of chlorine or chlorox once a week. The filter onlt has to run long enough each day to circulate the water one time. My pool holds 23,500 gallons & I only ran the pump 8 hours a day.
brysha4493

Superior Aqua Systems

Postby brysha4493 » Fri 07 May, 2010 21:18

You will periodically need to replace the flow cell. Make sure it is almost horizontal when installed. The "professional" installers had it almost up and down and I had a hard time keeping the pool clean. After I discovered their error, it worked like a charm. The flow cell is expensive.

Superior Aqua Systems

Postby Guest » Wed 21 Jul, 2010 11:26

i have had my SAS ultraviolet pool system for 6 years i recommend this to all pool owners not only do you not have to deal with chlorine (nerve gas) but the water is clear and soft i have replaced the cooper cylinder x2 cost about 200.00 each time i just ordered my 2nd time today i do not add choline to my water once a week and to have the ionizer (flow cell) tipped a bit is correct my pool size is 29x17 i found out that you really need adequate flow circulation in your pool i would try to answer questions if you have any that i can this is the only product i have endorsed in my life and i am in my 70's i take total care of my pool and live in florida
nicoaruba

superior aqua system

Postby nicoaruba » Thu 24 Mar, 2011 21:12

nico
Pool Owner wrote:I do not know about this system; however, any alternate system that does not include chlorine (or similar) will need to have chlorine added and/or will not protect the entire pool. The “hardware store” bleach and acid can be used on any pool without modifications. Check out some of the other forums for BBB to get a better description. If you have a gunnite pool like I do, you will likely only need B (bleach) and acid.

malfuntioning 2years old very bad money in the water is better
1121Donald

Superior Aqua Systems

Postby 1121Donald » Fri 27 Apr, 2012 14:42

My name is Don Watkins and I live in Arizona. I have had the the Aqua system for about 7 years. Don't no how well it works or if it works at all. The electrodes inside the flow cell that is part of the system, the electodes after one cleaning and seven years decided to disintergrate. So Iam currently trying to obtain a set of electrodes to re-install into the flow cell. I ws told by someone named Doug from some other company that I would have to buy the whole flow cell. for two hudred dollars. This has got me ticked because I don't neede the whole flow cell just the elctrodes. I know the come seperate because they are removable from the cell
Sincerely Don
Golftime

Superior Aqua Systems

Postby Golftime » Tue 08 May, 2012 11:07

1121Donald wrote:My name is Don Watkins and I live in Arizona. I have had the the Aqua system for about 7 years. Don't no how well it works or if it works at all. The electrodes inside the flow cell that is part of the system, the electodes after one cleaning and seven years decided to disintergrate. So Iam currently trying to obtain a set of electrodes to re-install into the flow cell. I ws told by someone named Doug from some other company that I would have to buy the whole flow cell. for two hudred dollars. This has got me ticked because I don't neede the whole flow cell just the elctrodes. I know the come seperate because they are removable from the cell
Sincerely Don

Don, getting 7yrs out of your flowcell is really good most people have to replace about every 4 yrs and I live in MO. So living in AZ I would imagine your pool is open far more then our season. The electrodes you mention. Those can be found at most hardware stores that have a decent electrical supply section. They are just set screw wire connections or maybe you can just use a wire crimper to to re-attach a bolt lug. Turn off the box strip the wires back and add the new connectors. Rebolt them back to the T-cell use a 14mm wrench.
One tip I use to help keep the corrosion down is petrolium jelly on them. A quick coating on the bolts and lug will work all season and not wash off in the rain very easily. You should be using it on your O-rings anyway on the pump trap basket and auto clorinator top seal.
If you bolts have gotten bad which they shouldn't since they are stainless steel ... if they have broken off that is a bit of pain to get the threaded piece out of the t-cell.
Rollie

Superior Aqua Systems

Postby Rollie » Tue 12 Feb, 2013 13:00

I have been using the superior aqua ionizer for the past 6 yrs. You need to oxidize weekly with small amounts of chlorine or non-chlorine oxidizers. Because you use no stabilizer, the water stays chlorine free most of the time and feels very soft. The t-cell does need replacement every couple of years, and cost 150-200 dollars. The cell needs to be installed at a 45 degree angle with the pipe. The pool does have a potential to stain if the copper level exceeds .5 ppm. For the safe swimming conditions that I experience-it is a small price to pay.
al schisano

Superior Aqua Systems- New House, I Need Some Help!

Postby al schisano » Sat 29 Jun, 2013 13:07

hi, we recently moved into our house and have a superior aqua systems ionizer.

im learning as i go here so please dont laugh to hard at me.

we paid a guy to open the pool about 4 weeks ago, the filter works great and all but the water was cloudy. i would put shock in and things would clear up then get cloudy again.

poking around the equipment i noticed that the ionizer was not turned on. unbelievable i know. i guess no one turned it back on this year.

how do i know that the ionizer is working ? will i see a gradual change in the water quality or should i continue to add bleach to the pool? also, how do i know when i should replace the electrode and where can i buy a new one? i have a copper test kit and the results show that the copper levels are low. does that simply relate to the ionizer being off?

my # is 516 232 7747 and my email address is apschisano@gmail.com

any help is greatly appreciated!!

thanks!

al

Return to “Salt Water Chlorine Generators, Ozone, UV”