Bleach, will it damge a pool?

SWGs, salt water chlorine generators, chlorinators,
ozone generators, UV systems, . . .

Bleach, will it damge a pool?

Postby Guest » Mon 07 May, 2007 16:35

Will bleach hurt my pump seals, liner, or any other part of my AG pool???

The pool store in town says it a bad thing to use, and i need to buy there expensive chemicals...Alot of folks say that regualar ol cheap bleach will NOT harm them....thoughts and opinions on this anyone

Thanks!

pool newby

Bleach is great

Postby pool newby » Wed 09 May, 2007 12:20

Regular store bleach is the cheapest way to chlorinate your pool w/o spending hundreds of dollars over the season by using the pool store's chemicals. I've been using bleach for 2 years, and it's great. Luckily, I had just put in my above ground pool and was getting ready to put in Baquacil which came with the package. If I had started off with baquacil, would have cost me $$$. I'll refer you over to this forum, where I learned all about BBB method, and saved a ton, and my water is beautiful crystal clear.
www(dot)poolforum(dot)com/pf2/index.php

Postby Guest » Sun 13 May, 2007 11:21

Thanks for the info!!!
Buggsw
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Buggsw » Mon 21 May, 2007 00:09

Sorry to say that Poolforum, while still having lots of great information and some members who are still actively posting, doesn't allow any new members. It's uncertain how much longer it will be available. Seems the owner has been missing in action for quite a while and nobody has heard from him.

Many of the same posters post at www dot troublefreepool dot com, now.
They have a lot of info about the BBB method, too.

Return to “Salt Water Chlorine Generators, Ozone, UV”