CircuPool?

SWGs, salt water chlorine generators, chlorinators,
ozone generators, UV systems, . . .
RonPace
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard
My Pool: Uncovered inground 12x6M, Cl and Ph solenoid doser. Glass media filter. South France

Re: CircuPool?

Postby RonPace » Sun 29 Aug, 2021 01:44

Well, one certainly learns something every day! It seems there are a host on the internet who all agree with you about pump speed should be reduced. All this time I was thinking I was clever and adopting the opposite! I would certainly like to see this in action. I see there are plenty of AC controllers on ebay for 50€ - would one of these do the job you are describing, or is it a new pump?

Back to the Quantum/Vulcan. Good so the two are one and the same. You said earlier that these are best combined with a generator. I went to a few places in Montpelier yesterday evening and looked at swcg and soon became bored with the multitude available! You have been setting up these combinations - what swcg would you use with a 110W Quantum?

Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Postby Teapot1 » Sun 29 Aug, 2021 02:48

Morning Ron,
If you can post a link to the ebay type you are looking at it would help. Most are 3 phase which is not a problem if you have a 3 phase pump. Single phase to single phase is slightly different. https://www.invertekdrives.com/variable ... ngle-phase
Is one I have used in the past, made in Wales.
The Clever pool is another but I see the retail price of this unit is now quite high, I was getting them for quite a bit less. Inverter VFD's have to be spec'd higher than your motor to protect from inrush currents.

In Montpellier yesterday, I can think of worse places to be, shall be in the Loire this time next week!
Your glass media will do a better job than sand. If you fit a speed reducer you can run the pump for longer to get the turnovers on less electricity and better filtration so the Quantum/Vulcan will do a great job and the chlorine generator wont have to work as hard meaning the cell will last longer. As Dennis said still worth over spec's on the chlorinator and either the Zodiac or Haywood will be fine.
Can I ask what size your filter and plumbing are and how far from the pool they are? Is the pump above or below the waterline of the pool? Maybe a picture?
Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get an idea of your setup to advise you best.
A foot note, it is helpful with variable speed to know the flow rate in order to plan the turnovers. I used to do this and plot the figures for my customers so they didnt have to add a flow gauge.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.
Jessesun
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 100m x 80m, commercial

Postby Jessesun » Thu 02 Sep, 2021 02:43

100m3 swimming pool is not large, so you can buy disinfection system from amazon according to their suggestion, if your swimming pool is commercial and more than 10000m3.

1 please contact local professional water treat company to design disinfection process
2 you have after sale service.

Usually, disinfection process for water has UV, CL2, CLO2, Ozone etc.
Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Postby Teapot1 » Thu 02 Sep, 2021 11:02

Jessesun wrote:
1 please contact local professional water treat company to design disinfection process
2 you have after sale service

All questions can be answered using the same response you have given, not in the slightest bit helpful or useful.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.
Jessesun
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 100m x 80m, commercial

Postby Jessesun » Thu 02 Sep, 2021 19:05

Teapot1 wrote:
Jessesun wrote:
2 you have after sale service

All questions can be answered using the same response you have given, not in the slightest bit helpful or useful.

You get me wrong.
I meant that you do not need to spend time on water treatment if your pool is small, only to follow up their suggestion is ok, once if a larger swimming pool, neither owner, operator, nor normal trader have ability to give helpful suggestion. so I said that you need professional water company to design disinfection process according to size, working time, usage of swimming pool, etc
RonPace
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard
My Pool: Uncovered inground 12x6M, Cl and Ph solenoid doser. Glass media filter. South France

Postby RonPace » Mon 06 Sep, 2021 11:46

Jessesun wrote:100m3 swimming pool is not large, so you can buy disinfection system from amazon according to their suggestion, if your swimming pool is commercial and more than 10000m3.

2 you have after sale service.

Usually, disinfection process for water has UV, CL2, CLO2, Ozone etc.

Please tell me that you are not for real! I checked and it is not April 1st... :lol:

Now you are getting into my ding is bigger than yours! A 100Mx80M pool? :shock: who the dickens has something this big? Even Tokyo only has a tiny 50M pool! And as for my tiddly 100M3 pool, I am now meant to listen to Amazon as the experts? You jest! It is bad enough listening to those masquerading in pool shops as experts without having to resort to the bs that oozes out of Amazon! :thumbdown:

Return to “Salt Water Chlorine Generators, Ozone, UV”