Ozone creates a cloud

SWGs, salt water chlorine generators, chlorinators,
ozone generators, UV systems, . . .
llaman
I'm new here
I'm new here

Ozone creates a cloud

Postby llaman » Thu 16 Feb, 2023 15:48

At our commercial pool we installed an Ozone system in addition to our salt cells. Is it normal for when the system turns on to automatically dose the pool for there to be milky/cloud-like water coming out of our jets? It severely reduces visibility in our pool so we just want to be sure that it is functioning correctly and it isn't a case of air getting into the system somewhere to make the clouds.

Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Re: Ozone creates a cloud

Postby Teapot1 » Fri 17 Feb, 2023 11:41

I would say yes to some degree as ozone is a gas introduced via a venturi. It shouldn't make visibilty that bad though.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.
llaman
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby llaman » Sat 25 Feb, 2023 09:53

So we should be able to see the bottom of our pool even with some cloud from the ozone? Right now when it comes on we can not see the bottom of the pool from the pool deck or when standing in the water instructing.
Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Postby Teapot1 » Sun 26 Feb, 2023 12:28

No thats not usual, are you introducing the o zone at a low position in the pool? Normally the returns are a foot down so that part and a bit lower gets a bit cloudy.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.

Return to “Salt Water Chlorine Generators, Ozone, UV”