SWGs, salt water chlorine generators, chlorinators,
ozone generators, UV systems, . . .
Jupiter_Pool
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 10k gallon pool, Hayward SwimPure saltwater system,

Please Help, I have tried everything - "Check Salt" and "Inspect Cell"

Postby Jupiter_Pool » Mon 03 Apr, 2023 16:28

Hi, I have a Hayward Swim Pure Extreme. Last fall, I noticed the "Check Salt" and "Inspect Cell" would come on and the pool would not generate salt. I figured it was the salt cell, so I purchased a new one from the local pool store. When that didn't work, I paid for a technician to come out. He did not know what was wrong with it. He reset the unit several times. He verified that it was on the right setting, T-15. He inspected the components and did not see anything wrong. The salt level was tested several times and indicated that I have around 3200. Whenever the "Check Salt" and "Inspect Cell" lights come on, it indicates a different salt level in the pool.

The technician swapped out the motherboard (PCB) and I still have the same issue. I don't know what else to do. Hayward customer service says I need to call a technician. The Technician says he cannot figure it out. Can someone please help me?

Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Re: Please Help, I have tried everything - "Check Salt" and "Inspect Cell"

Postby Teapot1 » Wed 05 Apr, 2023 13:49

He wasnt a technician, he was a fitter, just swap one part for another until you find the fault.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.

Return to “Salt Water Chlorine Generators, Ozone, UV”