Mineral Springs sanitizer - new owner

SWGs, salt water chlorine generators, chlorinators,
ozone generators, UV systems, . . .
justden

Mineral Springs sanitizer - new owner

Postby justden » Wed 02 Apr, 2008 15:10

I just purchased a used Mineral Springs MS-10. I don't know to much about SWG's as I have never owned one but they sound great and it was cheap enough that even if the cell is bad I can afford to replace it. (it's 1 year old and he swears it works great) Here are my questions;
Do all SWG's work the same way? This manual say's instead of salt, use a product called "Beginnings"and then to maintain the pool weekly by adding "Renewal". I thought one of the advantages of a SWG was so you did not have to add something every week, as long as your PH and alkalinity are ok. Could these products be their own brands that they are pushing? Can I use salt, if so what kind should I buy. Is Mineral Springs a good unit? I was told it is exactly the same as a Aqua rite, is this correct.

Any other words of wisdom for a beginner?

Thanks for your help,
Dennis

Walter
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Postby Walter » Wed 02 Apr, 2008 17:50

Mineral Springs uses the beginnings and renewal and that is the down side of that. They say you can use regular salt and add conditioner to the pool. I have been around Mineral Springs, Gold Line and AquaPure and MS is the worse to run and work with because of the special salt. Good Luck
We are a custom pool and spa builder. We can only offer suggestions with the information given. Don't hesitate to email me if you have a questions and I will answer it as best as I can or point you in the right direction.
Susie

Can I use Salt from Lowes in Mineral Springs System?

Postby Susie » Wed 16 Apr, 2008 09:51

I have read that I can get Salt from Lowe's for about $8 a bag instead of the Beginnings for my Mineral Springs system. I have paid $35 for the beginnings. Is this safe to use?
Strannik-au
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Postby Strannik-au » Wed 16 Apr, 2008 13:44

You don't have to use those beginnings and whatever else they sell.

The SWG looks like a rebranded goldline aquarite, so you can use normal salt and then control the rest of parameters as you would with any other SWG.

Essentially what those beginning and renewals are - salt along with other chemicals necessary to maintain your water balance.

Return to “Salt Water Chlorine Generators, Ozone, UV”