Aqua-rite generates for 10 seconds, then shuts off

SWGs, salt water chlorine generators, chlorinators,
ozone generators, UV systems, . . .
ayom
I'm new here
I'm new here

Aqua-rite generates for 10 seconds, then shuts off

Postby ayom » Sun 13 Apr, 2008 16:26

My Aqua-rite system generates for 10 seconds, then ceases to operate.

After the system is turned on, the "no flow" light flashes (which is normal) then the "generating" light turns on for about 10 seconds, then turns off. After that, the digital display stays at 3100 ppm until the system is turned off. That's all it does, every single time. Not sure if it's related or not but the "power" light never comes on at all anymore.

I've priced a new board but it's about $800. A new system is $1100.

My salt cell is only about 1 year old and I recently cleaned the salt cell just in case. I've had the cell tested and it is working. The local pool store tests my salt weekly and they range from 3000-3400ppm.

Any ideas where to look next?

Strannik-au
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Postby Strannik-au » Mon 14 Apr, 2008 10:41

Would it be still under warranty if it's only a year old? Or is just the cell which is 1 yo?
If that's the cost of the new board i would look for a new system, other than Aquarite. Somebody who doesn't charge arm and a leg for spare parts.

You can test the cell cable if you like, but i highly doubt that it is the problem. Most likely it's a faulty board.
sablack2
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby sablack2 » Thu 22 May, 2008 11:22

mine is doing the same. power but no LED lamps. cycles on for a few seconds at a time. replaced the main board yesterday, but same problem.
rrvtcb
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Oasis 24' Round Half in Half Out with Hayward T9 Salt water Generator

Re: What was your resolution! Mine is doing what your did

Postby rrvtcb » Mon 12 Jun, 2023 14:58

sablack2 wrote:mine is doing the same. power but no LED lamps. cycles on for a few seconds at a time. replaced the main board yesterday, but same problem.
Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Re: Aqua-rite generates for 10 seconds, then shuts off

Postby Teapot1 » Tue 13 Jun, 2023 01:09

Ahh thats often what happens here selfish people want everyone to solve their problems but don't come back once its solved to help others.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.

Return to “Salt Water Chlorine Generators, Ozone, UV”