aquarite reading problem

SWGs, salt water chlorine generators, chlorinators,
ozone generators, UV systems, . . .
3kidsmomm

aquarite reading problem

Postby 3kidsmomm » Mon 19 May, 2008 18:01

replaced cell. system comes on and generates for about 60 seconds. shows it is generating. you hear a click and then the low salt and check cell both come on and stay lit. all the documentation says is replace cell. the cell is brand new out of the box.

help!!!!

system is less than 1 year old.

Strannik-au
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Postby Strannik-au » Tue 20 May, 2008 03:54

Did you test your salt level with test strips or similar? What salt reading does the SWG give you? Also what's your water temperature?
Also did you try to reset the inspect cell message by pressing and holding "diagnostic" button for 3 seconds?
3kidsmom

aquarite reading problem

Postby 3kidsmom » Tue 20 May, 2008 06:24

the 3 second thing is for the blinking indicator. this is steady lit. i am beginning to think it is the low salt level causing it. it has not been on or had salt added all winter.

water temp is 76ish

where can i get salt test strips?

tx
Strannik-au
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Postby Strannik-au » Tue 20 May, 2008 08:36

You can get them from pool shop, maybe other places too, but i'm not in US so hard for me to name any :)

What i would suggest you do is take a fresh sample of water and bring it to the pool shop for test. They will test your water for a number of parameters, maybe you need other stuff apart from salt.

When you get a printout, post your numbers and we will tell you what else you might need.

Return to “Salt Water Chlorine Generators, Ozone, UV”