clean cell

SWGs, salt water chlorine generators, chlorinators,
ozone generators, UV systems, . . .
mel

clean cell

Postby mel » Mon 26 May, 2008 20:52

how specifically do i inspect and clean cell. i've searched online for pictures of what exactly is the part i'm supposed to clean and can't find anything. what am i looking for. the light was flashing now it is lit constantly. i'd like to fix it soon.

muss08
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby muss08 » Mon 26 May, 2008 22:36

More often than not the unit that is attached to the plumbing is held in place by two unions. Unplug the unit and unscrew these unions and you should be able to remove the unit. Inside of this unit is the cell. Its hard to describe but it looks like a bunch of fins running horizontally and vertically. Some units you can actually remove the cell and clean, others you cannot. You need to soak the cell for 1-2 minutes in a mixture of water and acid (10:1 ratio respectively). If you cannot remove the cell do not submerge the unit below where the cord runs into it. You will probably notice bubbles as soon as it hits the acid bath as this is scale being taken off. This is normal. Afterwards rinse very thoroughly and replace.
APSP Certified Service Pro
Jandy Tech School
Pentair Tech Training
Raypak Heater School
5 yrs experience
mel

union..unscrewing cell

Postby mel » Tue 27 May, 2008 06:16

thanks for the repsonse on how to clean. i've tried to unscrew the cell at the unions, got one rotation and now it won't budge. any suggestions?
Strannik-au
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Postby Strannik-au » Tue 27 May, 2008 16:37

both unions won't move or just one?

Return to “Salt Water Chlorine Generators, Ozone, UV”