Aqua Rite has got me pulling out my hair

SWGs, salt water chlorine generators, chlorinators,
ozone generators, UV systems, . . .
Depression
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Postby Depression » Mon 28 Jul, 2008 22:00

Goldline technical support is filled with incompetent morons. When I turn on my Aqua Rite, the only light that lights up is the , "No flow" light, which flashes for about 30 seconds and then it goes off, and then nothing happens. I changed my PCB board, last week, after waiting 4 weeks for it to come in. Then today, I changed my flow switch, thinking that was the problem. Again, same problem. You would think that if I would call technical support, they would immediately diagnose my problem, since they do this for a friggin' living. Geez. Does anyone know what else I can do. Also, I had my cell checked and it's fine. Please someone throw me a bone.

Strannik-au
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Postby Strannik-au » Tue 29 Jul, 2008 04:32

Have you got a multimeter? If not, go and get one, it comes handy in cases like this. The cheapest one will do.

Generally, with "no flow" errors there are 3 things that can go wrong (well, 4 if you count the absence of flow)

1 Broken flow switch/sensor
2 Broken cable between flow switch and main board/ bad contact
3 Faulty main board

You cannot really test #3 w/o replacing the board, but you can test 1 and 2.
Grab the meter, set it to resistance (or diode testing). Close the flow switch and measure if there is continuity between 2 contacts. It should show 0.00 Ohm for resistance, or beep if you are on diode.

Next disconnect the cable from both sides, short it on one side and again measure for continuity.

Also make sure that it makes good contact with the main board

All this should be done with the unit off.

Hope that helps.
Depression
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Postby Depression » Tue 29 Jul, 2008 09:08

I've already changed the main board. Ive already changed the flow switch. Therefore, I've taken care of all 3 of your tests. What's next?
Strannik-au
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Postby Strannik-au » Tue 29 Jul, 2008 16:36

changing is not testing

you need to actually test it cause there is no guarantee that new stuff works
also you need to check if you actually have flow
Depression
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Postby Depression » Tue 29 Jul, 2008 20:10

I got another new pcb board and tried it out. SAME FRIGGIN' problem. Again, I've changed the pcb board twice and the flow switch. What the f#$% is left? I'm totally frustrated. You can't make me believe I'm the only one on the planet with this problem. But for some reason noone knows anything, not even goldline tech support.
Strannik-au
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Postby Strannik-au » Wed 30 Jul, 2008 08:06

get a multimeter and do the tests i suggest

cheapest multimeter costs 5-10 bucks but will save you a lot of hassles.

You can probably combine first two tests and test the flow switch while installed and with the pump running.
Depression
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Postby Depression » Wed 30 Jul, 2008 14:04

Not sure I'm electronically talented enough to tackle this. But what are we actually testing. The board and flow switch are brand new. TWICE changed. What are you thinking the problem is?
Strannik-au
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Postby Strannik-au » Thu 31 Jul, 2008 08:06

We test cable, and whether the switch is actually getting closed by the water flow. Maybe your water flow is too low for it to trigger the flow switch. Or your cable is broken (I don't know if new flow switch comes with new cable).

You don't need to be electronically minded to use multimeter.
Depression
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Postby Depression » Wed 06 Aug, 2008 14:28

Thanks to sablack2, my problem is solved. sablack2, one of the posters on this board, mentioned that the pcb boards come defaulted to 220v and that my power was probably 110v. Installed jumper wires on the board and it worked. Amazing how those dumb mother#$@^$ at Goldine never even thought of that after I told them 5 times what my problem was. Simply amazing for people who do this for a living and can't figure it out. Thanks again sablack2.
juan jose oropeza

Postby juan jose oropeza » Thu 08 Oct, 2009 10:04

I find that if I unplug the flow wire and then star the aquarite clhlorinator and unplug again the flow sensor, it start generating, the problem is that you have to do that daily, for that I am adapting a sprinkler progamable gizmo.
If it help let me know
Pool Clown
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard
My Pool: Uses a Chlorine generator, not a Salt Water Generator (SWG).

Postby Pool Clown » Fri 09 Oct, 2009 02:45

Strannik-au wrote: (I don't know if new flow switch comes with new cable).

It do.
Factory warranty service for Pentair, Jandy, Raypak, Polaris, and Paramount pool cleaning systems.

Return to “Salt Water Chlorine Generators, Ozone, UV”