Chlorinator off- No flow message

SWGs, salt water chlorine generators, chlorinators,
ozone generators, UV systems, . . .
Stressed but Happy, CA
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Stressed but Happy, CA » Sat 13 Dec, 2008 14:34

We had a repair done in the pool and had to drain some H2O out. After refilling the pool and balancing the PH and salt (now 3000 ppm), chlorinator has stopped working, it shows no flow. I have no chlorine in the pool for about a week. Now, when they came in for the repair, one of the guys said the deep heat valve was set wrong, so he unscrewed and turned it to the "right position". I am not sure if this could have caused the flow interruption and I'm afraid to play with it because I was told before this valve interferes with the vacuum, it could burn the pump if on at the same time with the vacuum. I have a Goldline PS-4 control and the smart pure sanitizer II. They are all Hayward products. Temperature is between 38 F @ night and 50-60 during the day. Can anyone help me, please? I am afraid the pool will turn green and the sanitizer get damaged for trying to run in this condition. Thank you

Postby Guest » Wed 25 Mar, 2009 03:43

Did the error message go away?
one of the guys said the deep heat valve was set wrong, so he unscrewed and turned it to the "right position"

What repair did they do and what pipes, valves or fittings did they work on?

Return to “Salt Water Chlorine Generators, Ozone, UV”