SWGs, salt water chlorine generators, chlorinators,
ozone generators, UV systems, . . .
wiki
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 24 ft frame pool intex saltwater

Intex 8110 stuck on startup code 88

Postby wiki » Fri 29 May, 2009 15:25

was like this once then just started working had to clean cells now its back to stuck on 88 not flashing and beeps when u push the up arrow nothing on down arrow

wiki
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 24 ft frame pool intex saltwater

Postby wiki » Sat 30 May, 2009 12:11

is there any known way to reset the timer/comp whatever u want to call it and maybe get past this stuck 88 was able to get to work for 1 cycle of 6 hrs by plugging and unplugging power worked normal thought i cleared the problem then tried and got 88 stuck again very frustrating
dumbgrandma

Postby dumbgrandma » Fri 03 Jul, 2009 10:00

i have the same problem, can someone help me. I lost my owner's manual so can't look up answers. :x
SteveL

Postby SteveL » Fri 24 Jul, 2009 15:21

I had 88 code and thought it was stuck in that mode. Turns out I had to hold down the left button for almost 6 seconds until it "beeps", then hold down right button for about 6 seconds until next "beeps". That unlocked the keypad and works great now.

If you are missing the manual go here:
http://www.intexcorp.com.hk/proifv/proifv_dl_client.jsp?lst_docsea=2009&source=intexstore&gid=2&lid=9536
ricknew

Postby ricknew » Sun 26 Jul, 2009 16:46

I had the same issues with my manual... here's some helpful information:

Intex Saltwater System Model 8110
Display Codes:
88 - Startup/Standby
00 - Zero operating hours
01- Minimum operating time 1 hour
02- Operating time - 2 hours
03 - 11 - Operating time in hours
12 - Maximum operating time 12 hours
90 - Alarm - low or no water flow
91 - Alarm - salt level low
92 - Alarm - salt level high
93 - Operating cycle completed / standby
BLANK - No power, or gone into Power Saving Mode
HootieMcGrudy

Postby HootieMcGrudy » Fri 04 Jun, 2010 18:07

Yep, just hold the down key (left side) til it beeps, then hold the up key (right) til it beeps, then you'l get 00. Then press the up arrow til you get the hours you want. This thing is a beast! I left mine out all winter (too lazy/busy to pack everything away). Filter got destroyed and had to be replaced, but this thing fired right up and started pumping out chlorine!

Postby Guest » Tue 03 Aug, 2010 21:03

Same problem here. I cleaned the titanium plates as described in the Owner's Manual and it fixed the problem!
timbo

Postby timbo » Sun 29 May, 2011 11:33

Tried to get rid of the 88 code and nothing works - the first beep is fine after i hold down the down arrow but when i press the up arrow it beeps continusly....help
lili

Postby lili » Thu 23 Jun, 2011 15:11

I don't know what happened with your systems...i have mine tree years now and it's working great!!!
colela

Postby colela » Wed 06 Jul, 2011 23:14

unplug for at least 10 minutes. Press 'up arrow' IMMEDIATELY after down arrow beeps. Then after setting # of hrs, again press up arrow IMMEDIATELY after down arrow beeps. Try it a few times if it doesn't work at first. I had to try and re-try but it finally got to working. Another person said that is not uncommon with this model--or maybe at least if it is a couple yrs old?
Stumbled on this fix

Postby Stumbled on this fix » Wed 13 Jul, 2011 11:39

I was having similar probs with the timer being stuck. I had it set to 12 hours one night and when I tried to reduce to 6 hours, it wouldn't come off 12. I went through the steps to unlock the keypad several times, turned it off for awhile, unplugged it for a long time.. nothing worked. Finally, out of dumb luck decided to try this: :idea: Turn the power switch to 'off'. Press both up and down buttons while simultaneously switching the unit back on. My LED flashed 00 :thumbup: ! I let go of the buttons, went through the 'unlock' steps again and was able to set to 6 hours. Hope this helps!
Love Monkey

Intex 8110 stuck on code 91

Postby Love Monkey » Wed 01 Aug, 2012 17:06

I have also been struggling with the dreaded intex salt water pool clorinator code 91 ( Low Salt ) Alarm.

I have removed and cleaned the system with white vinegar to remove the calcium deposits that have built up on the sensor and generating plates.

After cleaning the unit I still had the dreaded code 91. This has been a problem for a long while for most of the summer we have added so much pool salt even though the machine was prompting that it was still low.

Today I decided to cleaned the Plates and sensor again, resulting same fault code 91, after looking at the electrical connectors, I turned the unit off first and unpluged electrical cord.

I decided to reverse the large connection cord plug to the clorination plates, I plugged the electrical cord into the unit and then turned on the generator.

When I turned the generator I noticed that there was no more code 91 infact I had a code 12 ( Which means 12 hour run cycle ) and the green light was on indicating that the unit is working.

I could also hear the unit operating kinda sounds like a small pump running. It is possible that the connection may be poor at the plate connector terminals, or possibly a reversed polarity when I had cleaned the unit prior, and incorrectly reassembled the unit.

I hope this info may help other's with this same type of problem.
Gymguy

Re: Intex 8110 stuck on startup code 88

Postby Gymguy » Fri 21 Jul, 2017 09:54

I have what seems to be an uncommon problem. My system no longer beeps. I was lucky to set it once since this has happened so I know it still works. Any idea how to set it without listening for a beep? I had turned it off for a quick second to check something and now it won't set. Help!!!

Return to “Salt Water Chlorine Generators, Ozone, UV”