AquaRite, low salt and check cell on

SWGs, salt water chlorine generators, chlorinators,
ozone generators, UV systems, . . .
PCBeach

Postby PCBeach » Mon 13 Jul, 2009 17:35

6 year old Aquarite stopped working this week. Cleaned the cell last week and added salt. Salt is now at 3300. The first symptom was the display read 200 when I knew I had 3300 PPM salt. Now the display reads 0, Low Salt and Check Cell lights are on solid. Called tech support they said probably bad cell or bad board. Recommended buying an entire new unit rather than having a service call figure out what was wrong and just replacing that.

I asked if there were any trouble shooting tips they could give me so I could try to dignose the problem but they would not send me anything. I am comfortable with a multi-meter so would like to try to figure out what is wrong before dropping 700-1000 on a new unit.

Can anyone provide trouble shooting tips? The cell is the origional.

Thanks.

canuckinalabama

Postby canuckinalabama » Fri 17 Jul, 2009 21:30

Wow..I have the same issue..I dont know what to do . The cell is very clean..salt confirmed good at 3200...reading says 2000...HELP!!!
PCBeach

Postby PCBeach » Sat 18 Jul, 2009 09:33

Looks like mine is going to be the control board. Replaced the cell and same issues.
PCBeach

Postby PCBeach » Sat 18 Jul, 2009 16:44

Mine appears to have been the cell after all. Had a false start where the cell stop producing, but I let the pump run about an hour, switched to off then Super Chlorinate and now everything has been running fine for over 5 hours. The first hour the pool looked like a bubble bath, covered in foam. Must have been something cooking off the new cell.

Return to “Salt Water Chlorine Generators, Ozone, UV”