New member with high temp water

SWGs, salt water chlorine generators, chlorinators,
ozone generators, UV systems, . . .
suz155

Postby suz155 » Sat 18 Jul, 2009 11:20

Hi,

Im a new member and I'm fairly new to salt water pools. Though, I did have a regular chlorine pool for 12 years. We bought a house last summer with the Goldline chlorine generating salt system already in place. Its been great so far and a lot easier to maintain than the other regular chlorinating system and it feels a lot better on the skin. I am reading up anything I can get my hands on. Yes, I know it can have drawbacks, but, I like to look at the positve aspects and so far, they far outweigh the negative.

I have one naturally occurring problem, that Im not sure anyone can help with, at least not fairly inexpensively. Two monthes of 3 digit temps in Houston. The water temp is going above 95, often, thus the generator does not produce chlorine. I can add water to the pool, but, even the tap water temp is high and the slightly cooler water heats up really quickly. Anyway, during a drought, I try to refrain from adding too much water for a pool, when it may have to be used for drinking water, in the near future.

Any ideas?

Thank you

JamesWPoolPerson

Postby JamesWPoolPerson » Wed 22 Jul, 2009 00:35

The chlorinator should work just fine at your water temperature. The only problem salt chlorinators have with temperature is with low temperature (below 50F).
Roy Berry
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: in ground, vinyl, saltwater, solar heating units

Postby Roy Berry » Thu 30 Jul, 2009 11:11

suz155 wrote:Hi,
Just another member in hot GA. Cool off your pool, the unit as I understand it will not work too cold ie 65 or so and in 90's, just bury you a pipe on the discharge of your pump into the ground, ie spinkler line and regulate with a bypass valve, donot bypass your filter or generator, coil it up a few feet under ground, a 1000 foot is under 50 dollars and cool the pool in the hot time of the year. Bear

Im a new member and I'm fairly new to salt water pools. Though, I did have a regular chlorine pool for 12 years. We bought a house last summer with the Goldline chlorine generating salt system already in place. Its been great so far and a lot easier to maintain than the other regular chlorinating system and it feels a lot better on the skin. I am reading up anything I can get my hands on. Yes, I know it can have drawbacks, but, I like to look at the positve aspects and so far, they far outweigh the negative.

I have one naturally occurring problem, that Im not sure anyone can help with, at least not fairly inexpensively. Two monthes of 3 digit temps in Houston. The water temp is going above 95, often, thus the generator does not produce chlorine. I can add water to the pool, but, even the tap water temp is high and the slightly cooler water heats up really quickly. Anyway, during a drought, I try to refrain from adding too much water for a pool, when it may have to be used for drinking water, in the near future.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Return to “Salt Water Chlorine Generators, Ozone, UV”