what is the best SWG?

SWGs, salt water chlorine generators, chlorinators,
ozone generators, UV systems, . . .
patrickspools

what is the best SWG?

Postby patrickspools » Wed 07 Oct, 2009 09:07

Obviously everyone is going to come up with a different answer to this question and for different reasons. I am looking for an answer from people who have experience with different units. Alos would like the reasons one unit is better than another. Is there a general consensus about which one is the most issue free on this board?

I own a pool company and have not sold the SWG untill this season. I've been doing pools for a long time and basically stayed away from them because I don't like change. I have a few customers that I inherited with the intellichlor and don't really like the unit because it does not have a digital salt level readout and the strips I use are very difficult to read. I need to purchase a personal digital salt meter. I don't like the intellichlors but the pools that we take care of with these units have been working fine for years.

I have been selling the aquarites this season. So far they are great, but reading this board scares me because it sounds like they don't last very long and have lots of issues.

I've heard a little about the pool pilot one but they are a bit pricey.

So which one is the best?

Pool Clown
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard
My Pool: Uses a Chlorine generator, not a Salt Water Generator (SWG).

What is the best SWG?

Postby Pool Clown » Fri 09 Oct, 2009 03:00

Someone, on some forum, somewhere, said something that made alot of sense to me. He said something like, Don't get discouraged because you read all these posts about people having trouble with there systems because there is the majority of customers out there that don't create threads saying "everything is fine, I love brand X" !

In my area, the top three are Aquapure, Goldline, and the dreaded ic-40 (Pentair), which by the way has made a version upgrade and the unit looks different. No more yellow "in between" salt reading. They have been out for a while now and haven't had any problems yet. Now that iv'e said that, My VM will be full tomorrow morning!
Factory warranty service for Pentair, Jandy, Raypak, Polaris, and Paramount pool cleaning systems.
Strannik-au
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

What is the best SWG?

Postby Strannik-au » Sun 18 Oct, 2009 07:26

there is no such thing as "best SWG"
different SWGs have different features/prices and target different buyers, so you really need to look at what kind of SWG your clients will be interested in, rather than what's the absolute best

Pool clown I think you are quoting me, although the wording was a bit different as i was talking about SWGs in general :mrgreen:
Pool Clown
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard
My Pool: Uses a Chlorine generator, not a Salt Water Generator (SWG).

What is the best SWG?

Postby Pool Clown » Sun 18 Oct, 2009 13:26

Strannik-au wrote:Pool clown I think you are quoting me, although the wording was a bit different as i was talking about SWGs in general :mrgreen:

I think that (quote) would work for most any product in this industry. Not as many people praise When something works (like it should), But if there is a hiccup, You (the manufacturer) will certainly hear about it.

Good quote tho.
Factory warranty service for Pentair, Jandy, Raypak, Polaris, and Paramount pool cleaning systems.

Return to “Salt Water Chlorine Generators, Ozone, UV”