bioguard burnout WP

SWGs, salt water chlorine generators, chlorinators,
ozone generators, UV systems, . . .
schersdd

bioguard burnout WP

Postby schersdd » Thu 02 Jun, 2005 21:52

Last year I followed Bioguard "3-Step" procedure and as the result, my pool was crystal clear water and algae-free all summer long. This year, I followed 3-step procedure again (religously) except for some reason, Burnout WP is no longer available............ subsitute: Burnout Extreme, and now, mid to severe green algae and fighting algae all the time. I suspect weak Extreme.

thoughts? (help me :( )

Helper
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Helper » Sat 18 Jun, 2005 18:49

You may just be low on stabalizer,get the water tested at a pool store if you can
me

Re: bioguard burnout WP

Postby me » Fri 11 Aug, 2006 20:06

schersdd wrote:Last year I followed Bioguard "3-Step" procedure and as the result, my pool was crystal clear water and algae-free all summer long. This year, I followed 3-step procedure again (religously) except for some reason, Burnout WP is no longer available............ subsitute: Burnout Extreme, and now, mid to severe green algae and fighting algae all the time. I suspect weak Extreme.

You gotta love them Bioguard people, possible the worst pool products ever made. Burnout WP is 67% cal hypo whereas Burnout Extreme is 47%. (The Extreme product is then about 50% inert!!) For unknown reasons they also think it's a good idea to add calcium carbonate and calcium hydroxyde in both these products. Anyhow. If you must use the Bioguard products, use 43% more of the 'Extreme', that should take you to the WP level. Or find another brand that's closer to 75-80% cal hypo and stick with that.
kamkuda
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Postby kamkuda » Wed 06 Sep, 2006 18:31

me wrote:
schersdd wrote:Last year I followed Bioguard "3-Step" procedure and as the result, my pool was crystal clear water and algae-free all summer long. This year, I followed 3-step procedure again (religously) except for some reason, Burnout WP is no longer available............ subsitute: Burnout Extreme, and now, mid to severe green algae and fighting algae all the time. I suspect weak Extreme.

You gotta love them Bioguard people, possible the worst pool products ever made. Burnout WP is 67% cal hypo whereas Burnout Extreme is 47%. (The Extreme product is then about 50% inert!!) For unknown reasons they also think it's a good idea to add calcium carbonate and calcium hydroxyde in both these products. Anyhow. If you must use the Bioguard products, use 43% more of the 'Extreme', that should take you to the WP level. Or find another brand that's closer to 75-80% cal hypo and stick with that.

Yikes thats pretty strong statement. I have been pretty happy using BioGuard products. Why don't you talk to the pool store and see if they can help you with a solution. I use Smart Shock here in Canada with great results.

Postby Guest » Sat 30 Sep, 2006 18:12

kamkuda wrote:
me wrote:

Yikes thats pretty strong statement. I have been pretty happy using BioGuard products. Why don't you talk to the pool store and see if they can help you with a solution. I use Smart Shock here in Canada with great results.

Read the MSDSs, they're all available on the BioGuard site. Pure crap.
EdgeVox
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby EdgeVox » Thu 05 Oct, 2006 20:30

tom discussed this in the unmoderated topic forum yesterday...

Return to “Salt Water Chlorine Generators, Ozone, UV”