Chronic Black Spot

What is floc, clarifier, stabilizer, cyanuric acid,
algaecide, brightener, dichlor, sodium hypo,
sodium bisulfate, ....??
drseuss

Chronic Black Spot

Postby drseuss » Fri 22 Mar, 2013 21:55

Hi
I've had a chronic black spot problem for about 10 years now. I've scrubbed, chemically dosed, Gueryned and tried pretty much everything I could think of to get rid of it. It's on the walls of my pebble create pool. It gets worse in summer as the water tempreture rises and dies back to about 25% over winter.
This winter I was considering draining my pool and treating it dry. Any ideas what I should paint on, or treat it with. I figure 3 months without water & a total overhaul clean of my filter cartriges (Di-Earth filter), should fix the problem. I hope this would work, but would appreciate any thoughts and any ideas on the topic. Thanks

upstatenyer101
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: SWG, 15,000gal, concrete

Chronic Black Spot

Postby upstatenyer101 » Wed 26 Jun, 2013 21:04

sounds like black algae which is the hardest algae to get rid of. There is a black algaecide at Leslies pool supply or any pool supply store. It takes a while and lots of scrubbing to get rid of it but it's doable. I had a bloom of it one year when my ph, cya, chlorine were out of whack. Pool chemistry is very important t check regularly as it can be off even if the water looks clean and clear. Hope that helps, good luck.

Return to “Pool Chemical Problems & Swimming Pool Chemicals”