Problem with phosphates. New pool

What is floc, clarifier, stabilizer, cyanuric acid,
algaecide, brightener, dichlor, sodium hypo,
sodium bisulfate, ....??
cornwallace77

Problem with phosphates. New pool

Postby cornwallace77 » Thu 09 Jun, 2016 17:24

We are having an issue with phosphates in our pool. The pool was recently requested a proximately 2 months ago with a dark grey plaster. When the technician for my pool service check the phosphate levels two days ago they were about 1000 PPM. He added phosphate free and the next day they had dropped to about 300 PPM. However, that same afternoon they came back up to 1000 ppm.

We are at a loss because the water coming out of the fill stick it has a very low amount of phosphates and there are no dead leaves or organic material that we could find entering the pool.

All of the other chemicals and pH is well-balanced the only issue that we do have is high calcium level because we live in a suburban area and the tap water it's just that way.

Has anybody ever encountered this? Does anyone have some good tips on how to get rid of my phosphates with the above information?

Briennecage
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: filter

Beginners

Postby Briennecage » Fri 10 Jun, 2016 06:45

Beginners
Briennecage
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: filter

Re: Problem with phosphates. New pool

Postby Briennecage » Fri 10 Jun, 2016 06:46

Padi Scuba Courses For Beginners-Discover Siam Aquatic Adventures which offers Private scuba diving services, scuba lessons and certification, PADI courses, dive training as well as vaccations and overnight stays in Phuket Thailand
Sutro_SmartMonitor

Postby Sutro_SmartMonitor » Tue 21 Jun, 2016 14:41

You should check out our smart monitor - it could definitely help you with chemical issues, and make your job as a pool owner 100% easier. Our monitor connects with you via an app and tells you where the levels are at, what needs adjustments, and how to do that.

If you're a new pool owner, we're currently inviting people to join our beta testing program. Or you can pre-order it!

http://mysutro.com/pages/sutro-for-new-pool-owners

Let me know if you have any questions!

- Shannon
Ella Rollins
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Ella Rollins » Wed 03 Aug, 2016 06:40

First of all check the presence of phosphate in your water. For testing you can purchase Natural Chemistry Phosphate Test Strips. Conduct the water test every month in order to maintain phosphate levels. For bringing phosphate level to zero, you can use products like Natural Chemistry’s Phosfree. Phosfree can remove up to 900 ppb per application. You can use phosfree along with pool perfect for weekly maintenance of your swimming pool. I came across an online article which had few tips on chemical water balancing. http://www.ferraripools.com/blog/pool-w ... balancing/
Hope you find it useful.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Wed 03 Aug, 2016 07:36

High phosphates aren't necessary a problem although it will feed algae if you have it. A correct stabilizer/chlorine levels will stop algae http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/128-chlorine-cya-chart-slam-shock
Test strips can only indicate levels
You should get a decent test kit and post the numbers here.
Also, what is your chlorine source? Stabilised pucks or liquid chlorine (bleach)

Return to “Pool Chemical Problems & Swimming Pool Chemicals”