What is floc, clarifier, stabilizer, cyanuric acid,
algaecide, brightener, dichlor, sodium hypo,
sodium bisulfate, ....??
David.Craig
I'm new here
I'm new here

Pool Help

Postby David.Craig » Sat 25 Jun, 2016 07:32

Summer has arrived and #1 mission is to get the pool water clear. Previous owner did not close it properly. It was a mess. PoolFx came in, gave us a new filter and lots of instructions to try and get our pool clear. Something is fighting the chlorine so yesterday I added two bottles of bleach and then this morning I added another two bottles. The water was starting to get green again so drastic measures were necessary. The green is now gone but the bubbly surface has reappeared. I'm assuming when I bring my water samples in later this morning there will be chlorine level in our water. Yesterday it was coming up that there wasn't any chlorine despite the 5 tablets that have been slowly dissolving. I think patience is key for me but I'm thinking if things don't turn around soon, I may opt to have pool drained and just refill it. A few more experiments I guess first. We are staying out until it is clear. Going away for 12 days in July isn't going to help getting and keeping our pool clear. Hopefully it doesn't take until the middle of July to get this figured out. Gammy N Gampy Gregg Farina Jeffrey Craig

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Pool Help

Postby Denniswiseman » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 10:22

Return to “Pool Chemical Problems & Swimming Pool Chemicals”