algaecide, brightener, dichlor, sodium hypo,
sodium bisulfate, ....??
Denis
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: My pool is 18 feet by 35 feet . 3 feet depth to 10 foot

Alkalinity Test Gone Wrong

Postby Denis » Tue 12 Dec, 2017 17:53

I have been having this problem just Lately checking my pool water, Mind you I have been checking pool water for at least 25 years that's how long I have owned pools. I had a pump burn up so I ordered another but while waiting for my new pump to arrive I decided to check the pool water so I could cover it for the year.
My problem is while checking the Alkalinity with my Taylor test kit I filled the container to 25 like it says then added my first to chem's which turns the color Green, then comes the problem I add the next chem drop at a time and it should turn from Green to Red I keep adding the third chem but it never turns Red it just turns like a light Gold color. Any ides.? :oops:

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: Alkalinity Test Gone Wrong

Postby Teapot » Wed 13 Dec, 2017 03:02

Hi Denis,
I am not familiar with the Taylor test kits but with any test kit are the reagents in date? That hes been the only time I have known issues with any testers except electronic failures on photometers.
I used YouTube and maybe you should double check with the technique? Failing that an alternative test to see what level (hi, mid low) or give Taylor a call number at the end of the video.
https://youtu.be/YJH2XQ5xx7o
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Wed 13 Dec, 2017 03:14

Hi Denis

I use the Taylor test kit with no problems
If Teapot's link doesn't resolve it check out this Forum as a lot of there members use the Taylor test kits
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Postby Teapot » Wed 13 Dec, 2017 06:04

Hi Denniswiseman, any issues with getting the Taylor kit shipped? some reagents were not allowed some time back. I used to supply the Palintest FAS DPD kit to people in Europe. You may even find reference to it on the other site.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Wed 13 Dec, 2017 07:37

Teapot wrote:Hi Denniswiseman, any issues with getting the Taylor kit shipped? some reagents were not allowed some time back. I used to supply the Palintest FAS DPD kit to people in Europe. You may even find reference to it on the other site.

I have ordered two complete K2006c and R0871 and R0870 reagents separately without any problem

Return to “Pool Chemical Problems & Swimming Pool Chemicals”