Cloudy water, balanced chemicals?

What is floc, clarifier, stabilizer, cyanuric acid,
algaecide, brightener, dichlor, sodium hypo,
sodium bisulfate, ....??
nicakemp
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 30K, in-ground, salt water pool. Sta-rite filtration and heating system. SWG - Circu Pool si+

Re: Cloudy water, balanced chemicals?

Postby nicakemp » Mon 25 Jun, 2018 14:50

Denniswiseman wrote:Even slowly adding it to the skimmer means it gets trapped in the filter and slowly dissolves

Is that bad for the filter??? I have heard many opinions about this. The sock method takes too long (in this case I needed to up the CYA quite urgently). The bottle's instructions say to SLOWLY add to skimmer or throw in the deep end of the pool, brushing the floor later so it doesn't sit at the bottom.

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Postby Teapot » Mon 25 Jun, 2018 16:17

It requires a flow of water to slowly incorporate it into the water. I had an urgent one so used buckets with hot water in and a paddle mixer, got some in that way. I put the undissolved into a plastic bin and it was mostly still there 2 weeks later as it would be on the bottom of your pool.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Mon 25 Jun, 2018 17:07

nicakemp wrote:
Denniswiseman wrote:Even slowly adding it to the skimmer means it gets trapped in the filter and slowly dissolves

Is that bad for the filter??? I have heard many opinions about this. The sock method takes too long (in this case I needed to up the CYA quite urgently). The bottle's instructions say to SLOWLY add to skimmer or throw in the deep end of the pool, brushing the floor later so it doesn't sit at the bottom.

You say the bottle is it a liquid then and not a granule, that would be different, anyway I would have put it in the pool by a return
As Teapot and I said previously you can mix with hot water and pour in to speed up[ the process
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Mon 25 Jun, 2018 17:08

Denniswiseman wrote:
nicakemp wrote:

You say the bottle is it a liquid then and not a granule, that would be different, anyway I would have put it in the pool by a return
As Teapot and I said previously you can mix with hot water and pour in to speed up the process
nicakemp
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 30K, in-ground, salt water pool. Sta-rite filtration and heating system. SWG - Circu Pool si+

Postby nicakemp » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 11:39

Denniswiseman wrote:
Denniswiseman wrote:
nicakemp wrote:

As Teapot and I said previously you can mix with hot water and pour in to speed up the process

No, it is not liquid, it is granule, and I added it very slowly and little at a time in the skimmer basket until it was all gone.
Could that ruin my filter?
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Postby Teapot » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 14:07

No it won't ruin your filter, it will still take some time to dissolve though as the water flow is slower inside the filter due to the larger surface area.

Return to “Pool Chemical Problems & Swimming Pool Chemicals”