pH always low

What is floc, clarifier, stabilizer, cyanuric acid,
algaecide, brightener, dichlor, sodium hypo,
sodium bisulfate, ....??
Columbo

pH always low

Postby Columbo » Thu 27 Jul, 2006 19:30

I have no clue why my pool always has low pH. If I tried to keep it balanced, I'd have to add some every single day. Thats why I stopped adding some to figure out why it stays low. What makes pH low and how can I naturally bring that up? People I talk to seem to have to lower there's :(

PoolGuy
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Re: pH always low

Postby PoolGuy » Sun 30 Jul, 2006 18:48

Columbo wrote:I have no clue why my pool always has low pH. If I tried to keep it balanced, I'd have to add some every single day. Thats why I stopped adding some to figure out why it stays low. What makes pH low and how can I naturally bring that up? People I talk to seem to have to lower there's :(

hello:

Ph is set at what ? Here is what it should be 7.0 to 7.5. to add to this just buy baking soading and add it till you get to 7.5 stop wait 2 days look and see it if went down,if so,add ph raiser to it
Worked and Bulit Pools,For 23 Years
pk4217
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Postby pk4217 » Thu 03 Aug, 2006 07:12

are you using chlorine? if so, what type of chlorine you're using? most of them have low ph.

what's your TA? TA too low will make your ph bounce.
bwv772

Postby bwv772 » Thu 10 Aug, 2006 13:16

pk4217 wrote:are you using chlorine? if so, what type of chlorine you're using? most of them have low ph.

I don't think that's accurate, bleach pH is 11 to 13, cal hypo is 11, lithium is 10.8, dichlor is 6.8 and trichlor is 2.8.
pokerdawg41

Postby pokerdawg41 » Wed 30 Aug, 2006 23:11

check your conditiner level (cylaric acid). If it's above 100 ppm drain pool water until it's in range

Return to “Pool Chemical Problems & Swimming Pool Chemicals”