Canadian Pool Test Kits

What is floc, clarifier, stabilizer, cyanuric acid,
algaecide, brightener, dichlor, sodium hypo,
sodium bisulfate, ....??
Rob

Canadian Pool Test Kits

Postby Rob » Tue 15 May, 2007 15:38

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to find where I can get decently priced test kits from places that will ship to Canada.

I've tried to order a Taylor K-2006C from the authorized Canadian distributor, but they wanted $285 + taxes + shipping. I've seen the exact same kit for $89 USD online, but those places won't ship to Canada.

Anyone know a good spot in Canada to get one from, or that will ship here?

me_too

Re: Canadian Pool Test Kits

Postby me_too » Wed 16 May, 2007 21:37

Rob wrote:Hello everyone,

I'm trying to find where I can get decently priced test kits from places that will ship to Canada.

I've tried to order a Taylor K-2006C from the authorized Canadian distributor, but they wanted $285 + taxes + shipping. I've seen the exact same kit for $89 USD online, but those places won't ship to Canada.

Anyone know a good spot in Canada to get one from, or that will ship here?

Yes this Taylor situation is quite odd. The Canadian market has to go through a single master distributor and all the US resellers know about this so they all refer you back to the Canadian distributor. I can go on and on about this situation but I won't.

I have a brand new K2005 (22 ml French version - I can get the English book no problem) you can have for $129.99 CDN plus shipping. If you're in Montreal/North Shore I can deliver it and train you a bit on it. You'll need to buy the DPD-FAS reagents separately to give you an equivalent to the 2006.

The 2006C has 60 ml reagents so make sure you're comparing the same size reagents in the US.

You can start off by just buying the 2000-series comparator block and pH and R-0001, R-0002, R-0003 reagents then a bit later you can buy the the R-0007 R-0008 and R-0009 alkalinity reagents and built your kit that way. This is the better approach because you'd want more CYA and R-0009 reagents (for example) than what they give you in the 2005.

Also the thing with the 2005C and the Canadian market is that our pools are opened about 4 months out of the year and some reagents need to be replaced every year (specifically R-0002). Depending on your testing frequency there's less loss using smaller 22ml reagents but the price is a tad higher.
Rob

Postby Rob » Thu 17 May, 2007 15:59

Thanks for the info!

I think what I'm going to end up doing is simply wait until the next time I visit the US and call a local pool store near where I'm going.

We are pretty close to the border, and end up camping there sometimes, so it's not a problem.

With a bit more research, however, I did find one place that would ship to Canada:

www(dot)waterwarehouse(dot)com

I didn't end up actually ordering the kit from them since they said it would take 7-16 business days, and they only stock the 2005/2005C, but if others are looking and aren't in a hurry, thats one option.

Return to “Pool Chemical Problems & Swimming Pool Chemicals”