over chemicals plaster is now bubbling

What is floc, clarifier, stabilizer, cyanuric acid,
algaecide, brightener, dichlor, sodium hypo,
sodium bisulfate, ....??
cgseipel

over chemicals plaster is now bubbling

Postby cgseipel » Sat 23 Jun, 2007 06:15

I have been fighting algae and just went over board adding things to get rid of it in our saltwater pool. I just looked and the plaster has bubbles and I do not know how to drain the pool. Help

Walter
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Postby Walter » Tue 26 Jun, 2007 14:35

If you drain the pool make sure you pull the drain plug so that your pool doesn't pop out of the ground, I would recommend calling a pool company instead. Good Luck
We are a custom pool and spa builder. We can only offer suggestions with the information given. Don't hesitate to email me if you have a questions and I will answer it as best as I can or point you in the right direction.
Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Backglass » Tue 26 Jun, 2007 15:50

I agree with Walter...draining a pool is only necessary for VERY bad cleanup problems (motor oil in pool, fertilizer, insecticide, etc). If you were adding pool chemicals only, they probably didn't bubble your plaster unless you went WAY low or high on ph.

If you could post your test numbers, we can help you get things back in balance. If you DO decide to drain, you should consult with a pool company first as you can ruin an an in ground pool by doing this incorrectly.

Return to “Pool Chemical Problems & Swimming Pool Chemicals”