ready to bulldoze pool

What is floc, clarifier, stabilizer, cyanuric acid,
algaecide, brightener, dichlor, sodium hypo,
sodium bisulfate, ....??
muss08
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby muss08 » Sat 17 May, 2008 20:29

I didnt even think about that. Good call. As I stated earlier though- replastering the pool wont stop this as the cracks or the areas it seeps through is in the concrete/gunite. Could this be the source of the high TDS? It seems like it would be a HUGE seapage.

APSP Certified Service Pro
Jandy Tech School
Pentair Tech Training
Raypak Heater School
5 yrs experience
chem geek
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Postby chem geek » Sat 17 May, 2008 20:36

I don't know. As you say, to raise the TDS as much as it is that's a lot of seepage. Just multiply out 1000 ppm is 1000 mg/liter = 1 gram/liter and multiply by the number of liters in the pool -- for 10,000 gallons (about 38,000 liters) that's 83 pounds!
desperate

Postby desperate » Sun 18 May, 2008 09:51

well I wrote a response, but it will not post. I can't see anything in it that looks strange. I don't have anything in it like "bet ting"
desperate

ready to bulldoze pool

Postby desperate » Wed 16 Sep, 2009 11:05

I was just reviewing pool stuff. I wanted to comment that after my problems last year, I drained my pool and have used pretty much nothing but 3" tablets and liquid chlorine to shock my pool. My pool has been great this year and easy to maintain. Leslies screwed me up for about two years. I still have about $200 worth of leslies stuff that I could not take back. After another little run in with Leslies this year over Taylor Reagents, I will never step foot in a Leslies again.

Thanx to chem geek and others for your help

Return to “Pool Chemical Problems & Swimming Pool Chemicals”