ENJOY brand pool chemicals

What is floc, clarifier, stabilizer, cyanuric acid,
algaecide, brightener, dichlor, sodium hypo,
sodium bisulfate, ....??
may

Postby may » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 12:13

HELLO I AM A POOL AND SPA DEALER. I ALSO AM NEW TO THIS ENJOY. AFTER SOME HARD RESEARCH I TO HAVE COME TO THINK THIS IS A GREAT PRODUCT. IF YOU ARE IN MY AREA WOOLWICH TWP. NEW JERSEY, STOP BY.
I WILL HAVE THIS PRODUCT IN STOCK BEFORE THE WEEK IS OUT.
MAY
MANAGER OF SEAHORSE TOO POOLS & SPAS

dirkel

Postby dirkel » Fri 12 Nov, 2010 17:24

I've been using Enjoy for 4 years. I am very happy with it.
It is pricey, though, and I try to stretch it, by using small amounts of "foriegn but equivalent" clorine.
I never had a problem with that.

However, the store owner I bought it from opined that the pucks were a means of introducing colliodal silver, not copper.

Perhaps I can check, but not till next year, when I get some more.
chem geek
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Postby chem geek » Fri 12 Nov, 2010 22:38

Enjoy® is one of many N.Jonas products as shown here. It has a chlorinating product for a low level of chlorine (0.5 ppm) which might be what is added weekly (or that could be a non-chlorine shock) and the monthly tabs might add copper ions to prevent algae. It's unlikely to only add silver ion since that will not prevent algae growth. This is basically very similar to other copper ion products that also use a low-level of chlorine. The risks are of staining if the copper levels and/or pH get too high (especially with plaster pools) and improper disinfection if the chlorine level is not able to be maintained.
gmel

Postby gmel » Wed 24 Nov, 2010 10:23

POOLGRL wrote:I just started using Enjoy this season and I have these stains that are brownish black on the bottom of the pool. They were not there when we opened the pool.
I am guessing it is the black pucks we use with the Enjoy. Does anyone know how to get rid of these stains? I've tried everything.

I have used enjoy for prob over 5 yrs... love it but have to use algecide when it gets hot
shgeary

Postby shgeary » Mon 30 May, 2011 13:36

I use the enjoy system and have for 3 years. I love it. It is easy to use, and my water is crystal clear! Good luck!
shgeary

Postby shgeary » Mon 30 May, 2011 13:38

The black pucks are not supposed to be put directly into the pool. They are supposed to go in the skimmer. They will stain the liner if placed there and you cannot get rid of the stains as far as I know.
I have used the enjoy system for 3 years and I love it. It is easy to use!
suzieQ

Postby suzieQ » Tue 19 Jul, 2011 00:11

We have had a pool for approximately 15 years and we started using Enjoy 5 years ago and we LOVE it! It requires the least maitenance time and gives us sparkling clear water....without ruining our clothing or liner. Like posted above, we only have to adjust the pH occasionally. The problem is finding places (locally or online) that carry it. N.Jonas' website says, "Dealers Only"! Anyone have any luck since the last posting?
DALE9563

Postby DALE9563 » Tue 02 Aug, 2011 19:02

Love the enjoy system is there any place on line to purchase the product
respond to compking196@yahoo.com
Funinthesun

Postby Funinthesun » Sun 27 May, 2012 08:38

We used Enjoy our first year because it came with the purchase of the pool, and the pool was always crystal clear, no algae , nothing.....was pretty maintenance free.
Last year we just used chlorine/ Algecide, etc.... horrible results , constantly trying to maintain pool balance ( my husband is very knowledgeable with pools- used to work for pool company years ago)... So he know what he is doing. Well....went back to Enjoy this year and once again, we having have great results!

Our pool was closed last year looking bad, and dumped a lot of chlorine in....lo and behold it was not the greatest when opened... ..but with the Enjoy this year....it cleared it up very quickly.
Going back to our first year we closed pool with enjoy....opened next year and pool was literally swim ready with crystal clear water....just needed to warm pool up...literally.

Anyway...it does seem pricey...about $180 for 3 months.....BUT....last year we spent over $200 on chlorine and algaecide, etc.... So in the long run, it is actually cheaper, less harsh on skin, and much less chlorine on kids bodies. Plus, we use the largest size kit avaliable in our area( for 24 ft pool) and our pool is 27 ft....lo and behold.....still works great even though our pool is larger than kit recommends....it really is a great product....we will never use anything else ( unless something better comes along-lol).
zannonip

Postby zannonip » Sun 27 May, 2012 10:28

yes i use once a week in my pool for 5 years and i love it, with de filter and a roming bug vac cleaner now and then.

i am looking for other stores that may sell it at a better price.
in mass.
poolguy2012

Postby poolguy2012 » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 14:16

Enjoy is an excellent product and is still in business. They sell Enjoy to professional pool stores only and do not allow them to resell online...which is why there is limited information around the web. We recently wrote a blog post about Enjoy brand pool chemicals which you may find insightful: http://eztestpools.wordpress.com/2012/06/13/enjoy-pool-chemicals/
I represent E-Z Test Pool Supplies, Inc and we have been selling Enjoy now for many years. It comes highly recommended and our customers who use the Enjoy system are VERY satisfied with their product. You can contact one of our sales people about purchasing over the phone and picking up in our stores. Contact info available http://www.eztestpools.com/pages/Contact-Us.html
Cperry

Re: ENJOY brand pool chemicals

Postby Cperry » Mon 19 Jun, 2017 09:25

We used baquacil in our previous home, found it to be expensive and a pain to maintain the water. Having switched to Enjoy 17 yrs ago it's amazing the difference. We have a 16 x 32 above ground and all I do is one packet in the skimmer weekly and a gallon of shock. Never even had to test or put anything into the crystal clear water.

Return to “Pool Chemical Problems & Swimming Pool Chemicals”