No able to get pool water clear after opening this season

What is floc, clarifier, stabilizer, cyanuric acid,
algaecide, brightener, dichlor, sodium hypo,
sodium bisulfate, ....??
Dottie

No able to get pool water clear after opening this season

Postby Dottie » Thu 29 May, 2008 07:29

My husband has always taken care of our pool but due to his illness not able to anymore so I am trying to do it. We opened the pool this season and it usually takes a few days to get clear but this year it is not getting clear. The water is cloudy and green. I went to the pool store and they said to "flock it". They sold me E-Z Clor Drop Out. It worked great. This morning the pool was clear with everything on the bottom. The bottle says to "vacumn to waste all settled debris with filter in waste or drain." We no longer have the manual vacumn that came with our pool. My husband said it would be o.k. to use our pool vac that we always use and to just backwash more often. I have been doing that for about two hours and the water is getting cloudy again. What is the difference between "vacumn to waste or backwashing the way I am"? What shoud I do?

Denali
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Re: No able to get pool water clear after opening this seaso

Postby Denali » Thu 29 May, 2008 16:51

What type of filter do you have?

If you are using a suction side pool vac you will want to set the filter to filter. As the pressure goes up on the filter (gets dirty) then you would backwash it.

I suspect it is getting cloudy because the pool vac is stirring up the mess. That is normal. When you manually vacuum you go slowly and kick up less of the mess.

Dottie wrote:My husband has always taken care of our pool but due to his illness not able to anymore so I am trying to do it. We opened the pool this season and it usually takes a few days to get clear but this year it is not getting clear. The water is cloudy and green. I went to the pool store and they said to "flock it". They sold me E-Z Clor Drop Out. It worked great. This morning the pool was clear with everything on the bottom. The bottle says to "vacumn to waste all settled debris with filter in waste or drain." We no longer have the manual vacumn that came with our pool. My husband said it would be o.k. to use our pool vac that we always use and to just backwash more often. I have been doing that for about two hours and the water is getting cloudy again. What is the difference between "vacumn to waste or backwashing the way I am"? What shoud I do?

Return to “Pool Chemical Problems & Swimming Pool Chemicals”