cooper in pool water

What is floc, clarifier, stabilizer, cyanuric acid,
algaecide, brightener, dichlor, sodium hypo,
sodium bisulfate, ....??
MaryB

cooper in pool water

Postby MaryB » Sat 12 Jul, 2008 21:30

:cry: All chemical testing is perfect but water is GREEN..SHOP SAYS IT'S COOPER AND SENT ME HOME WITH 2 QTS OF STUFF..WILL THIS WORK? IS THIS COMMON?

muss08
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby muss08 » Sun 13 Jul, 2008 00:08

Copper is common in pools that use well water to fill. City water usually does not contain minerals but this is not always the case. The bottles they sent you home with are probably metal sequestering agents and will help keep the copper in solution so you cant see it. Keeping your pH 7.2-7.4 will also help.
APSP Certified Service Pro
Jandy Tech School
Pentair Tech Training
Raypak Heater School
5 yrs experience
inga

cooper in pool water

Postby inga » Sun 27 Jul, 2008 13:09

I do not use well water and have I levels of cooper in my pool. What chemicals did the pool store give you to reduce the cooper level. The pool store told me to drain half the pool and retest.
muss08
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby muss08 » Tue 29 Jul, 2008 19:50

If your copper level is low (less than .5ppm) you simply need to get your pH down to 7.2-7.4 and use a metal sequestering agent. If your copper is high it may be necessary to drain some of your pool. What is your copper level? Copper is sometimes found in city water as well and is also in some algaecides. If you use too much of a copper based algaecide this can cause higher copper levels as well.
APSP Certified Service Pro

Jandy Tech School

Pentair Tech Training

Raypak Heater School

5 yrs experience

Return to “Pool Chemical Problems & Swimming Pool Chemicals”