Will my vinyl liner tear due to wrinkles??

Liner issues and problems installing or
maintaining above ground swimming pools.
jpg90
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 10k gal Namco AGP, 21' circular pool, vinyl liner
Black Diamond filter system = BS PRC150BD; Filter pump: 1.5 HP Waterway, single speed
Test system info currently unavailable and ... *** pool maintenance makes me grumpy***

Will my vinyl liner tear due to wrinkles??

Postby jpg90 » Mon 27 Jul, 2020 14:59

Hello All,

I have drained my above ground pool and have started to fill it up again using my garden hose. I have lots of wrinkles on the floor as can be seen by attached pics. Some are about 1 or maybe up to 2 inches tall. The liner is as old as the pool - roughly 8 or 9 years old.

Even though I have read that wrinkles don't cause major problems, I have tried very hard as I'm filling up the pool to remove these wrinkles, and I've had very limited success. As you can see from the pics in the photo album (see link below), due to the wrinkles the floor does not extend entirely to the very edge of the pool and the walls are not 100% vertical.

Tomorrow I'm scheduled to get a delivery of about 7k gallons of water to quickly help me fill it up and try to get some use out of it before the summer is over.

Question:
    Will getting a water truck to fill up the pool likely tear the liner or cause it to come off completely because the forces are not being applied in the way it was designed?

I'm wondering if I should call off the water truck, empty out the pool again, and start all over.At this point my main concern is structural, not aesthetic.

Thanks,
JPG.

Album of Pool Wrinkles Pics in Google Photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/wfyq6nCGj9M9ubQK6

jpg90
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 10k gal Namco AGP, 21' circular pool, vinyl liner
Black Diamond filter system = BS PRC150BD; Filter pump: 1.5 HP Waterway, single speed
Test system info currently unavailable and ... *** pool maintenance makes me grumpy***

Re: Will my vinyl liner tear due to wrinkles??

Postby jpg90 » Tue 28 Jul, 2020 18:56

Answer: it didn't, but the walls did start start to buckle, so had to stop.
:thumbdown:

Return to “Liner & Above Ground Pools”