Water behind liner

Liner issues and problems installing or
maintaining above ground swimming pools.
kwilks

Water behind liner

Postby kwilks » Fri 01 Apr, 2005 19:19

We just received 15" of rain in 24 hours and now our Liner has water behind it and it is wavy and rinkled. Is there anythin I can do?
It is still attached at the top all the way around.

Thanks
K.W.

Dan101

Liner pool problem

Postby Dan101 » Sun 03 Apr, 2005 14:37

I have found the only way to get the water out is to drain the pool and remove a section of the liner, replacing it after having dried out the base beneath the liner.

If someone has an easier and less costly method I would love to hear it.

Dan
armchi
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby armchi » Mon 13 Jun, 2005 11:38

I would like to know an easy way to do that too. THis has been happening for about a few years, but I'm not sure if it's actually water or air. About a year or two ago, we noticed a couple of wringles near or around the outflow jets. Some small places around the walls felt like the liner was pulling away from the wall, more like an air bubble. Also the corner area where the wall meets the pool bottom seems to have lifted up and feels squishy or like an air bubble. We simply ignored it since it was just a small issue. Now, after opening the pool, we now have noticed that these air/water pockets under the liner are in pool bottom too, not just the walls and edges.

I'm not even sure if they are air or water pockets. I'm just wondering if I can just drain and do it myself or get a pool pro do it.
doubled1

Postby doubled1 » Fri 24 Jun, 2005 05:50

Unhook liner in one spot and vacum water out with shop vac.Have someone in pool to try and move wrinkles as this is being done .Check pool for leaks and if there aren't any then the ground water level is high and will resolve problem when that drops.DO NOT pump pool down as there is a lot of pressure around outside of structure when the water table is high!This could be a recurring problem when the drainage around base of pool(if their is any) is not doing what it was put there for

Good one

Postby Guest » Thu 22 Dec, 2005 22:12

armchi wrote:I would like to know an easy way to do that too.

This is acctually a good idea, but I cant go along with it.. I'll PM you with my idea. ;)
JustInTime13
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Water behind liner

Postby JustInTime13 » Mon 19 Jul, 2021 09:57

Hi - Pool newbie here. I need to drain behind my inground pool liner (as described previously) but I can’t get the liner out of the track. Any helpful strategies?

Return to “Liner & Above Ground Pools”