Fibreglass roman corner steps. broken faceplate

Liner issues and problems installing or
maintaining above ground swimming pools.
j.foulds
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: indoor inground pool made of concrete. Retangular with corner fibreglass roman end 3 circular radius steps. pool approx 11feet by 23 feet. shallow end 3ft to 6ft deep end.

Fibreglass roman corner steps. broken faceplate

Postby j.foulds » Wed 15 Jun, 2022 14:52

I have an issue with the faceplate on the above fibreglass sorner steps. Does anyone know how i can fix this so the a new liner can be attacked. Either a repair or where i can get a replacement part or solution would be helpful. The steps were put in in about 1990 when the pool was built. i am tring to reopen the pool as it has stood empty and cover over for about 10 years.

Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Re: Fibreglass roman corner steps. broken faceplate

Postby Teapot1 » Thu 16 Jun, 2022 01:39

There are various car repair fibre glass compounds that usually can do the trick.
Isopon P40 is a good one over here.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.
j.foulds
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: indoor inground pool made of concrete. Retangular with corner fibreglass roman end 3 circular radius steps. pool approx 11feet by 23 feet. shallow end 3ft to 6ft deep end.

Postby j.foulds » Thu 16 Jun, 2022 14:11

Thanks. I will have a look and see if i can find the product you have suggested.
Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Postby Teapot1 » Fri 17 Jun, 2022 08:37

You probably have a local equivalent.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.
j.foulds
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby j.foulds » Mon 19 Sep, 2022 12:32

Just to update on the issue. We tried to get the faceplates repaired using various methods but the fix wasnt good. They had become brittle over the years and when the pool company tried to fit they snapped. The Steps have cause other issues as apparently they are rare and haven't been made for some years. I am told they are spaform steps rather than country and leisure steps, which cause some confusion with the manufacture of the liner as the fit is different. However the pool people managed to source some universal trim that they were able to fix the liner to the steps. So the pool has started to be filled for the first time in 12 years. However although a great step forward and resolving one issue. It has lead to a few leaky joints in some of the pipes in the pump house. So onto the next challenge. But looking good. https://dointdayart.files.wordpress.com/2022/09/img_20220915_185800.jpg https://dointdayart.files.wordpress.com/2022/09/img_20220915_185800-e1663607909654.jpg?resize=438%2C438 Thank you for your help.

Return to “Liner & Above Ground Pools”