Liner too small? Frustrated, Please help!

Liner issues and problems installing or
maintaining above ground swimming pools.
ohhmama
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 27' round Vogue Impact Pool with Overlap liner.

Postby ohhmama » Sun 03 Jul, 2011 14:01

We are new to this forum, but have been reading and learning from it for weeks. Thank you in advance for all of the amazing advice.

We bought a used 27' (52" high) Vogue - Impact above ground pool. Overlap style liner, which we purchased a new one off the internet for about $400. We also bought new foam coving, coping strips etc...

We leveled the ground, installed the pool track, wall, posts (which are mounted on concrete pavers), and proceeded to try to install the liner.

1. Laid liner out in the 100 degree sun to heat up for two hours.
2. Laid liner out and centered on pool ground, smoothed out wrinkles as much as possible.
3. We took off the top rails one by one and began evenly pulling the liner over the top wall and placing coping strips, replaced top rail as we removed the next one.
4. We got all the way around, 4" overlap everywhere.
5. Got inside with shop broom and pulled the seam to the bottom of the wall all the way around.
6. We began to fill with water.
7. Walked around trying to smooth wrinkles and keep seam on bottom edge lined up.
8. Everything looked good. We went to the movies with family and came back to check progress.
9. The east side had pulled down in about an 8' section. I then noticed that the bottom seam was perfectly snug everywhere, but on the side the liner had fallen, the seam was about 8"-10" from the wall on the bottom.
10. It appears that the liner circumference is too small for the pool.
11. We are now re-draining the pool and so frustrated as this is the 3rd time we've tried to install this liner, and every-time, the liner falls down after we begin to fill.

Please help! We are considering removing the liner again, raising and filling the base with approx 6" more sand, making a deeper sand coving and re-trying. Will this work? We cannot afford the $2500, the local company wants to replace and re-install the liner.

Thank you so much,
Ohhmama :eh:

Dave's Above Ground Pools

Postby Dave's Above Ground Pools » Tue 27 Sep, 2011 13:21

ohhmama wrote:We are new to this forum, but have been reading and learning from it for weeks. Thank you in advance for all of the amazing advice.

We bought a used 27' (52" high) Vogue - Impact above ground pool. Overlap style liner, which we purchased a new one off the internet for about $400. We also bought new foam coving, coping strips etc...

We leveled the ground, installed the pool track, wall, posts (which are mounted on concrete pavers), and proceeded to try to install the liner.

1. Laid liner out in the 100 degree sun to heat up for two hours.
2. Laid liner out and centered on pool ground, smoothed out wrinkles as much as possible.
3. We took off the top rails one by one and began evenly pulling the liner over the top wall and placing coping strips, replaced top rail as we removed the next one.
4. We got all the way around, 4" overlap everywhere.
5. Got inside with shop broom and pulled the seam to the bottom of the wall all the way around.
6. We began to fill with water.
7. Walked around trying to smooth wrinkles and keep seam on bottom edge lined up.
8. Everything looked good. We went to the movies with family and came back to check progress.
9. The east side had pulled down in about an 8' section. I then noticed that the bottom seam was perfectly snug everywhere, but on the side the liner had fallen, the seam was about 8"-10" from the wall on the bottom.
10. It appears that the liner circumference is too small for the pool.
11. We are now re-draining the pool and so frustrated as this is the 3rd time we've tried to install this liner, and every-time, the liner falls down after we begin to fill.

Please help! We are considering removing the liner again, raising and filling the base with approx 6" more sand, making a deeper sand coving and re-trying. Will this work? We cannot afford the $2500, the local company wants to replace and re-install the liner.

Thank you so much,
Ohhmama :eh:

Please download my e-guide to above ground pool liners at http://www.davesabovegroundpools.com . What I do which is different than other companies. I get a an exact measurement and then I submit measurements to a company that makes liners to my specifications. $2500 for a new liner installed is ridiculous! Check out my guide and get a real price.
CarG2
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby CarG2 » Tue 25 Oct, 2011 11:22

I hope you figured out your problem. If not, I guess it might have to wait till spring, but I have a few suggestions to try over the winter if you're still looking for a resolution. There are many different businesses that cater to what you need. I would begin by searching "above ground pools oklahoma city" (or wherever is closest to you in OK) That should give you a few local companies that will have the different sized liners. I know you won't be using your pool anytime soon, but hopefully it'll be ready for next year. I know how hot it gets in Oklahoma.

Return to “Liner & Above Ground Pools”