wrinkles in my pool wall

Liner issues and problems installing or
maintaining above ground swimming pools.
abovegroundpoolguy

wrinkles in my pool wall

Postby abovegroundpoolguy » Fri 28 May, 2010 15:27

Hi Donovan, I kept encountering the same problem, I finally gave up in trying to figure it out myself and called one of the biggest pool retailers online. they recommended that I pin the liner with clamps along the top ledges, the fill in the water and every 20 minutes release the liner a couple inches. Make sure to clamp the liner so that it is not full in the pool. Pictures are also available through LIFESAVERS!

rog

wrinkles in my pool wall

Postby rog » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 17:09

I have been looking for some kind of answer for years. I replaced the vinyl liner in my inground pool in July 1997 and started getting wrinkles in thelong side(16 X 32 pool) opposite the skimmer 7 or 8 years ago and now I have wrinkles on three sides underwater of course. The one with out wrinkles in the deep end?
I have yet to find anybody that can tell me how they got there or how to get rid of them so I just live with them. My bottom of the pool has no wrinkles??? The original long side opposite the skimmer also has above water level excess vinyl which I have no idea why as it was not there when the replacement vinyl was put in?
Got any ideas? I think it must have streached but why after some 7 years? My water tests always come out good. We had to add some kg's of calcium and alkalinity before the city built the new water filtration system but I cannot see how this would have an effect on the liner sides?
barneyel

wrinkles in my pool wall

Postby barneyel » Sat 01 Sep, 2012 15:38

Our waterfall malfunctioned and alot of water was pumped out of the pool in a mater of minutes. When I noticed it, the water was just below the skimmers. The pool cleaner was plugged into one of the skimmers so the pump never ran dry, whew! Anyway, we re-filled and now have several large wrinkles on the bottom and sides of the pool. This is the first time this has happened and this pool is approx. 6 years old. I am hoping that with re-filling the water to it's normal level the wrinkles will go away. I also think that one day we will hit the lottery.... Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Return to “Liner & Above Ground Pools”