Liner question on new in ground pool.

Liner issues and problems installing or
maintaining above ground swimming pools.
tim
I'm new here
I'm new here

Liner question on new in ground pool.

Postby tim » Sat 05 May, 2007 07:04

I noticed a few "bumps" on the bottom of my pool. It looks like they laid the liner over some small rocks about the size of BB's. Will this be a problem in the future with the liner leaking. It was installed over the winter and the whole liner is 27mils thick. Tim

tim
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby tim » Sat 11 Aug, 2007 07:29

Now I notice what appears to be cracks through the liner. I suspect the Vermiculite is the blame. Still no leaks. The contractor said he would take a look....2 months ago. Any suggestions? Tim
Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Backglass » Sun 12 Aug, 2007 09:44

tim wrote:Now I notice what appears to be cracks through the liner. I suspect the Vermiculite is the blame. Still no leaks. The contractor said he would take a look....2 months ago. Any suggestions? Tim

If it were me, I would call and complain loudly...followed by a letter from your lawyer. I guarantee he will take notice. Liners should not be cracking after two months...he did a slack surface preparation job.
===============================
I'm no expert...just a long time pool owner. The real experts are at www . troublefreepool . com

Download Bleachcalc free at troublefreepool . com /files/BleachCalc262.exe and start saving money on chemicals.

Postby Guest » Sun 19 Aug, 2007 19:49

Make sure you document your phone calls and have them come out and replace the liner. There is no reason why the liner should have these problems except bad installation
tim
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby tim » Sat 15 Mar, 2008 05:42

I followed ya'lls advice and it was POOR surface prep of the concrete. Results....new liner and surface reworked! I just finished adding the chemicals. Looks great again. Thanks, Tim

Return to “Liner & Above Ground Pools”