above ground pool side wall rotted at the bottom

Liner issues and problems installing or
maintaining above ground swimming pools.
alsal609

above ground pool side wall rotted at the bottom

Postby alsal609 » Thu 17 May, 2007 08:39

the side wall of my pool rusted and caused a hole about 6 inches from the bottom...hole is about 2 inches in diam. this is the 3rd year in a row this happened and the pool company isnt going to replace it for me after this year. he said its from the acidity in the sand thats around the outside of the pool. the sand outside doesnt even come up along the side of the pool. any truth to that acidity stuff. i live at the jersey shore and there isnt any dirt in my yard...its all sand....thanks for your help...al

zec71

Re: above ground pool side wall rotted at the bottom

Postby zec71 » Sun 24 Jun, 2007 21:55

alsal609 wrote:the side wall of my pool rusted and caused a hole about 6 inches from the bottom...hole is about 2 inches in diam. this is the 3rd year in a row this happened and the pool company isnt going to replace it for me after this year. he said its from the acidity in the sand thats around the outside of the pool. the sand outside doesnt even come up along the side of the pool. any truth to that acidity stuff. i live at the jersey shore and there isnt any dirt in my yard...its all sand....thanks for your help...al

This happend to our first pool and the liner was cut by the metal in from the wall. The wall was ripped like a tin can and all of the water emptied on our house. Drain the pool.

Return to “Liner & Above Ground Pools”