Liner woes....tons of wrinkles

Liner issues and problems installing or
maintaining above ground swimming pools.
Annie

Liner woes....tons of wrinkles

Postby Annie » Fri 25 May, 2007 14:31

We installed a 21 ft round above ground pool last weekend. We also installed an overlap liner. We smoothed out the bottom as best as we could. there still are some wrinkles but I can live with them. What i cannot live with are the wrinkles in the side of the pool. Everything was pretty good till about half way up the wall. The the big wrinkles started appearing (my husband did not pull the excess liner up over the walls as he was supposed to while the pool was filling. Now I have wrinkles on the walls and big flappy diaganol wrinkles at the top of the pool all around above the water line. Looks horrible.

What to do?

My husband wants to drain a third of the water and then taking the top rails and coping off and pull excess over. I am worried about the walls not being supported while he does this.

Other option is to drain all of the water which I would hate to do because we have a well. Then I'd also be worried about the skimmer hole and water holes that have already been cut lining up.

Last option drain all water and get new liner

And advice. I'm sick over this whole mess! :oops:

phils94850
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby phils94850 » Sun 27 May, 2007 21:19

i would drain the pool completely and pull the excess over. with the water in it would not be a good idea taking off the top rails.

Return to “Liner & Above Ground Pools”