liner advice - help

Liner issues and problems installing or
maintaining above ground swimming pools.
justbob

liner advice - help

Postby justbob » Fri 01 Jun, 2007 07:03

I find two gauges of above ground replacement liners when looking online, 20 & 25 gauge. Is there really that much difference in the thickness, or quality, of the liners to justify the added cost of the 25 gauge? Thanks...

Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Backglass » Fri 01 Jun, 2007 07:23

Have you ever used cheap, no-name trash bags versus Hefty's? Everything is fine until something sharp get's inside or the plastic is stretched and then BOOM! :)

When I replaced my last pools above ground liner, I went with the thickest material for this reason.
PoolGuyCY

Liner

Postby PoolGuyCY » Mon 18 Jun, 2007 14:34

Our company cleans nearly 100 pools a week. Tust me, almost every pool here in Cyprus is a lined pool. DON'T GO CHEAP! If you bathe in the summer months... Like most do. You or you bathers will be coated in sun tan lotion or sweating madly before they enter the pool to cool down. All these extra oils entering the pool end up somewhere... On the liner at the water line. This oil will cling to the liner like you wouldn't imagine & it's not always simple to brush or wipe off. The thicker the liners, the better chance you have of keeping it looking like new. If it needs the odd scrub every now & then, this is no problem for the thicker liner. Well worth the extra few dollars!! Don't cut corners on the final stages or you will regret it later for sure.

Return to “Liner & Above Ground Pools”