Bestway Steel Pro Max NOOB!!

Liner issues and problems installing or
maintaining above ground swimming pools.
neilrlsmith
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Bestway 12ft steel pro max

Bestway Steel Pro Max NOOB!!

Postby neilrlsmith » Tue 16 Jun, 2020 14:11

Ok so we bought this without really thinking things through (but at least it's not a dog :))

If our grass is level and we're prepared for it to die (we'll put artificial grass down next summer), will it be ok or do I have to prepare the ground first with all sorts scraping. mowing, weeding plus sand!

Secondly, it says that the pump needs to be on a minimum of 8 hours a day. If my kids are in there most of the day, how is that even possible as it cant be on whilst there in it!

Lastly, is there a good link to what chemicals to buy, how to add them and then check the readings.

That's it if anyone can guide me. Thank you!!

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Bestway Steel Pro Max NOOB!!

Postby Denniswiseman » Wed 17 Jun, 2020 01:28

You generally need a firm base especially for the legs ( check out YouTube)
Pumps don't have to be on 8 hrs a day just sufficient to clean and mix chemicals
You can swim if the pump is on, most people do

Use these common products to balance your pool
Liquid chlorine (sodium hypochlorite or plain bleach)
Muriatic acid (hydrochloric acid) to lower pH and TA
Bicarbonate of soda to raise TA
Aeration will raise pH only
Soda ash will raise pH and TA
You can use stabilised chlorine to bring up your CYA but excessive CYA renders your chlorine ineffective and you have to use more to get the same sanitation
For every 10 ppm Free Chlorine (FC) added by Trichlor, it also increases Cyanuric Acid (CYA) by 6 ppm.
For every 10 ppm FC added by Dichlor, it also increases CYA by 9 ppm.
For every 10 ppm FC added by Cal-Hypo, it also increases Calcium Hardness (CH) by at least 7 ppm

You really need to get yourself a decent FAS/DPD test kit (Taylor K2006c or TF Testkits TF100 in the states) to get accurate results as maintaining an appropiate shock level means testing quite often during the day
Chlorine / CYA Chart and
Recommended Pool Levels
Hope this helps

Return to “Liner & Above Ground Pools”