Chunks of Cement stuck to the liner

Liner issues and problems installing or
maintaining above ground swimming pools.
CementTrouble
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Hi there, I’m hoping someone can help me...my son (who loves to throw stuff in the pool) apparently threw in several chunks of cement. I got most of it out but there are still a few large pieces that are stuck to the vinyl. How do I get it out without ripping the liner? I’m concerned the acid in the cement might eat through the vinyl if I don’t get it out soon. Any suggestions?

Chunks of Cement stuck to the liner

Postby CementTrouble » Sun 28 Mar, 2021 18:55

Help! My son, who likes to throw things in the pool, apparently threw chunks of cement in my above ground pool. I got most of the pieces out but there are a few large pieces that are stuck to the vinyl liner. What do I do? I’m afraid it’ll tear if I pull too hard and I’m also concerned the acid that’s in the cement will degrade the liner and cause a hole that way.

Any suggestions?

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: Chunks of Cement stuck to the liner

Postby Teapot » Mon 29 Mar, 2021 07:29

There isn't any acid in the cement, its a strong alkaline.
Unless it had an additive in the mix like SBR it will loosen and fall off on its own
CementTrouble
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Hi there, I’m hoping someone can help me...my son (who loves to throw stuff in the pool) apparently threw in several chunks of cement. I got most of it out but there are still a few large pieces that are stuck to the vinyl. How do I get it out without ripping the liner? I’m concerned the acid in the cement might eat through the vinyl if I don’t get it out soon. Any suggestions?

Re: Chunks of Cement stuck to the liner

Postby CementTrouble » Mon 29 Mar, 2021 08:50

Thank you. Why does it stick to the liner? Is it the alkaline in the cement that causes it to stick to the bottom of the pool?

Return to “Liner & Above Ground Pools”