Above Ground Pool Level Questions

Liner issues and problems installing or
maintaining above ground swimming pools.
KMcMahon
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 24 Foot Melania Above Ground Round Pool

Above Ground Pool Level Questions

Postby KMcMahon » Tue 04 May, 2021 20:21

I made the decision to install a 24' Melania Pool from Pool Factory myself in the past weeks and it has proven a little more difficult than expected in terms of precise measuring and levels. I had used a 10' 2x2 board and 6' level along the ground initially to level pool; however, after filling 5-6 inches I realized 1/2 the pool was quite off level by 2-3.5 inches. I decided to drain the pool, redig, and relevel. The pool is now level within 1/2-1 inch around pool as i've filled it up 4-5 inches and I'm quite pleased with the overall leveling of the pool. The posts are placed on concrete pavers and I tried to make sure the pool was 24 foot around in all directions. The top rails and everything is install in the pool but I am having two issues:
1) 2-3 posts seem to be off-level in terms of leaning in (toward water) and leaning out away from pool. I have tried on those spots to raise or lower the paver but doesn't seem to fix. Do you think it would be good for me to unscrew the top rails and see if it will straighten out? All of the bottom post are flat onto the pavers as well. Is it alright if a couple of the post are a little off level?
2) There are minor "dents" in the metal wall. They are not major and I attribute one dent being due to my family dropping the heavy pool wall as we were trying to install (it got a little twisted as it fell). The pool wall is all in the tracks in the bottom and, the gap of the dent is less than 1/2 inch from the posts. Again there is only 4-5 inches of water in the pool currently so I'm not sure if thats a factor.
*I do know that 1 spot in the pool I must not have leveled the sand well enough and its slightly raised but I assume that isn't a factor in terms of pool leveling or safety.
Attached are some pictures to the google document below. I may be overthinking things but if we are to fill up the pool and install a pool I want to make sure it is as "perfect" as possible. Thank you!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VB8 ... sp=sharing

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Above Ground Pool Level Questions

Postby Denniswiseman » Wed 05 May, 2021 09:53

It doesn't look to bad but it's best to level it out very accurately because a few millimetres at the base is accenuated at the top
When you fill it will tend to level the uprights as the force is equally distributed around the walls
KMcMahon
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 24 Foot Melania Above Ground Round Pool

Re: Above Ground Pool Level Questions

Postby KMcMahon » Wed 05 May, 2021 21:53

Quick update: I did slightly lower a couple concrete pavers and posts to get rid of any bowing. I tried to redo the top rail and stabilizers but it didn’t change the two Leaning in posts. Everything else seems pretty secure. I may try filling half way and hope the posts straighten out a little.

Return to “Liner & Above Ground Pools”