Inground Liner issue. Releasing, sag after draining some water

Liner issues and problems installing or
maintaining above ground swimming pools.
tallguyy
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Inground 18,500 gallons, cart filter.

Inground Liner issue. Releasing, sag after draining some water

Postby tallguyy » Mon 12 Jul, 2021 19:33

Hello forum!

I was curious if any of you have helpful words on my dilemma. I do plan to call the store tomorrow afternoon though.

I have been fighting an algae issue with our inground pool for over 2 weeks. Today they told me to drain it 6 inches below the skimmer to get the chemicals out and to then fill it back up.

The problem is we have had soo much rain lately it's repeating going well over the top of the skimmer.
I have drained it 3 times these past 2 weeks to get it below the skimmer top. So that still leaves lots of extra water in the pool

Now the problem is I drained it to the middle screw on the skimmer plate, still, halfway to go to get under the skimmer and i noticed the liner is sagging and releasing from the wall so i stopped draining. Is it just stretched and will fix itself or am i in for big problems now?

Other proof of the saggyness is that since opened this year, there was about 5 inches of liner that would not fit into the hook so we put a penny on each side to help hold it up. Now that its saggy, i was able to take the pennies out and put the liner back into the rail so that is one win i guess.

SHould i put more water in and pray the sag goes away? Could water have gotten behind the liner in the intense rain? It did not act up until i started draining today. i was draining for 4hours straight.

thank you for any help.

Return to “Liner & Above Ground Pools”