Liner track bent and pulled away

Liner issues and problems installing or
maintaining above ground swimming pools.
Lfwade
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 14k gallons, DE filter replaced last year, heater new, pita liner problems.

Liner track bent and pulled away

Postby Lfwade » Wed 18 May, 2022 21:12

Liner installed in 2015 - over the years we have had some gaps where the liner has pulled from the track - pool maintenance people said NBD, or “we can fix it when the water warms up” then ghosted on it. I pulled the cover tonight and found the the liner gapping majorly at a corner and the track has separated from the pool wall and is bent. It’s gonna be in the high 90s this weekend here. Is this a deal breaker moment for using the pool - do I need to get this fixed before swimming. Mostly, I’m asking because the company that installed it (and any of the 1000 local pool companies) are so swamped right now, I doubt I can get anyone out here to do something about it quickly. And my 6 year old twins are going to “just die” (their words) if they cannot swim this weekend. TIA.

Trying to figure out how to add a picture. I’m working on an iPad - so maybe that’s the issue.

Fun Fact: talked to the company that installed the liner and they told me to pound sand. Actually they told me they would not come service the liner because we didn’t maintain an annual service contract with them. Neat

DJHPools
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Liner track bent and pulled away

Postby DJHPools » Thu 02 Jun, 2022 12:34

I would say at 7 years thats pretty good life for a liner in all reality. The liner is losing its elasticity, and the bead receiver can no longer hold the downward pull. You need new bead receiver and a new liner. Or just do away with the bead receiver and get a "j-hook" type liner ( also called a uni-bead).
Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Re: Liner track bent and pulled away

Postby Teapot1 » Fri 03 Jun, 2022 01:39

7 years is a short life in my book. Mines 20 years this year. Poorly fitted liners nearly always come away in the corners where the material stretches the most and as it begins to shrink these problems arise. Radius corners are better than sharp 90's if you have to replace maybe add radius if you haven't got them already, downside is they can make the covers a fit fiddly from a roller perspective.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.

Return to “Liner & Above Ground Pools”