air pocket in liner please help

Liner issues and problems installing or
maintaining above ground swimming pools.
tammfr9
I'm new here
I'm new here

air pocket in liner please help

Postby tammfr9 » Thu 02 Aug, 2007 21:14

Help Please, My family and I installed a new pool this weekend, and it has been very rough and stressful. I won't go into detail.... however, we got the wall up and the beeded hang liner. But there is no slack what so ever. Infact, there is a big air pocket along the wall of the pool. As if the pool needs to burp. Is it safe to fill the pool still. we have about 4 inches of water in so far. Should we continue filling it or is there a problem. There are no wrinkles in the floor, it just bothers me that there is all this air and nothing to pull. HElP Please! email me if you want. tammfr9 aol . com

thank you so much!

Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Re: air pocket in liner please help

Postby Backglass » Fri 03 Aug, 2007 09:17

tammfr9 wrote:Help Please, My family and I installed a new pool this weekend, and it has been very rough and stressful. I won't go into detail.... however, we got the wall up and the beeded hang liner. But there is no slack what so ever. Infact, there is a big air pocket along the wall of the pool. As if the pool needs to burp. Is it safe to fill the pool still. we have about 4 inches of water in so far. Should we continue filling it or is there a problem. There are no wrinkles in the floor, it just bothers me that there is all this air and nothing to pull. HElP Please! email me if you want. tammfr9 aol . com

thank you so much!

Are you sure it's the correct size?
===============================
I'm no expert...just a long time pool owner. The real experts are at www . troublefreepool . com

Download Bleachcalc free at troublefreepool . com /files/BleachCalc262.exe and start saving money on chemicals.
Litoq

Postby Litoq » Fri 03 Aug, 2007 12:37

If you are sure it is the correct size, then I would say that you should keep filling as long as you are filling it up in the daytime when it is hot, hot, hot and sunny (85+ degrees). I had the same problem as you but after checking this forum, was advised to wait for a sunny day. I did and all went well. The sun and heat with the addition of water will stretch that liner (and I mean S-T-R-E-T-C-H) as much as you need it to. You will be amazed at how much it will expand.

Return to “Liner & Above Ground Pools”