Above ground pool liner installation

Liner issues and problems installing or
maintaining above ground swimming pools.
FLD

Above ground pool liner installation

Postby FLD » Tue 22 Jul, 2008 20:54

Last weekend we installed a new pool liner in our 24ft above ground pool. We raked the sand bottom around evenly prior to installing it but did not pack the sand down. We smoothed out some of the wrinkles and filled the pool thinking that the weight of the water would smooth out the rest of them...unfortunately it did not and the bottom is very soft when walked on. There are alot more wrinkles now and its harder to vacuum. Any suggestions on how to smooth out the bottom now that the pool is filled?

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Above ground pool liner installation

Postby Denniswiseman » Wed 27 Jul, 2016 12:26

You should have compacted the sand after leveling and raking
You might be able to use a roller to to smooth the sand but be careful how you get it in. If the liner is wrinkled this won't work
It might be just as easy to drain and redo it again
micheallang
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Small size. Super Pump and Filter. It is Oval with cover.

Postby micheallang » Fri 16 Sep, 2016 00:56

I think you should get the book about this. Or you can do search on google. There are some guides about installation so that you can follow easily and properly.
I am seeking for best above ground pool
jamesduncan

Postby jamesduncan » Tue 05 Sep, 2017 06:39

I have been assigned to do a report for our school newspaper on this subject, and your post has been beneficial. Can you please add more reference to this topic, thanks. Limo service va
james kelly

Postby james kelly » Tue 05 Sep, 2017 06:50

These kind of post are always inspiring and I prefer to read quality content so I happy to find many good point here in the post, writing is simply great, thank you for the post. VolumeTee.com

Return to “Liner & Above Ground Pools”