Possible leak? Water behind liner

Liner issues and problems installing or
maintaining above ground swimming pools.
treeder65
I'm new here
I'm new here

Possible leak? Water behind liner

Postby treeder65 » Mon 16 Feb, 2009 14:34

Last week after our ice on our cover thawed, we had a huge wind storm that apparently blew the deep end portion of the cover into the water. I noticed that the water was about two feet low. I am not sure if it had been like that for a while and the ice on the cover didn't allow the cover to sink down or if the cover pump began pumping out the pool when the cover was blown into the deep end. The liner was loose when I checked it, although still in the track. I filled it and it is now obvious that water is behind the liner, as the liner is just floating off of the sides. I overfilled the pool last year for about 8 hours too much, but it was all fine when we closed the pool. We have had some melt off in NJ but we are on a hill, so I don't think it would be a water table issue. Left a message with our pool guy, but I'd like to reassure my wife that it's probably nothing too bad if at all possible.

Thanks,

Tom

Re: Possible leak? Water behind liner

Postby Guest » Wed 25 Feb, 2009 11:32

You might have to wait until the weather warms up to see if the water is trapped or whether it can escape into the surrounding backfill. Do you know what supports or panels were used for your pool?

Return to “Liner & Above Ground Pools”