New Liner Short on Two Sides

Liner issues and problems installing or
maintaining above ground swimming pools.
DKOTLAREK
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 24' ROUND ABOVE GROUND

Postby DKOTLAREK » Tue 06 Apr, 2010 19:39

I have an above ground 24' pool. I just installed my new liner. It seems to be as centered as I can get it. I installed foam coving instead of sand since my old sand washed out. Anyway, the round floor seam touches about 2" up the coving on the North & South sides, however is about 3-4" short of the coving on the East & West sides. I realized this once I had about 4 inches of water in it already, making it impossible to stretch. It was about 83 degrees when I installed the liner. I am now draining the water out so that I can attempt to stretch the East & West sides.

My question: How much can I stretch the liner to make it as close as possible, to avoid having too much tension on the East & West sides? Also, what is the best way to do this?

Thanks,

Kirk_l

Postby Kirk_l » Mon 27 Jun, 2011 11:09

Just curious, where did you get your liner? We have the same problem. We have drained the pool three times during the initial fill up of the pool. We have positioned, repositioned, etc. and still haven't had any luck with getting things even. I think it is a defective liner.

Return to “Liner & Above Ground Pools”