Liner with embedded cement, damage?

Liner issues and problems installing or
maintaining above ground swimming pools.
joannelcoq

Postby joannelcoq » Wed 26 May, 2010 06:30

There are cement drippings that are embedding onto my vinyl liner and the vacuum cant get it up. It looks like it may have to be scrapped off. My pool was full when this cement repair was done and I dont understand why it would stick. How is the best way to get it off and is it damaging my liner the longer it sits.?

Henry_R
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro
My Pool: HOA Community Swimming pool built approx. 1971.
In-Ground, Plaster 34x18 3.5-6' deep, Sta-rite P2R A5D-120L pump, A.O. Smith centurion 1HP (uprated 1.25HP) motor,Hayward S244S filter(new 2011), Rainbow Lifegard Chlorine/Bomine feeder; new replastered June 2010

Postby Henry_R » Fri 28 May, 2010 12:23

joannelcoq wrote:There are cement drippings that are embedding onto my vinyl liner and the vacuum cant get it up. It looks like it may have to be scrapped off. My pool was full when this cement repair was done and I dont understand why it would stick. How is the best way to get it off and is it damaging my liner the longer it sits.?
Cement doesn't need air to cure so it would cure no matter where it is. As for damaging the liner I don't know. You probably have to remove it or somone might cut their foot on it if it's sharp.
Money talks!? All it ever says to me is "goodbye!".

Return to “Liner & Above Ground Pools”