Spa and Pool Leak

Leaks in the pool, plumbing, filtration system, skimmer, ...
Finding & repairing swimming pool leaks.
Jjeffery
I'm new here
I'm new here

Spa and Pool Leak

Postby Jjeffery » Thu 20 Jan, 2022 21:16

So need some help. When the pump is off, our spa leaks about 1-2” overnight. When the pump turns on the next morning, the spa fills from the pool (which also goes down about a inch over night) and ends up being down 2” or so. We have had a leak detection company check the check valve and do a full leak detection line test and NOTHING!! What else could it be? We can’t continue to fill our pool every day with 1-2” of water. It’s an I ground pool, pebble tec surface with water features. Thank you!

Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Re: Spa and Pool Leak

Postby Teapot1 » Fri 21 Jan, 2022 02:31

Jjeffery wrote:We have had a leak detection company check the check valve and do a full leak detection line test and NOTHING!!!

Still sounds like a leak, find a better leak detection company as the 1st doesn't sound good.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.
Jjeffery
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Jjeffery » Fri 21 Jan, 2022 08:56

Thanks! Should a dye test be included in an over leak detection process or is it usually extra? We had all the lines and check valve checked it was was $450. Now they want more for a dye test. I feel like we keep throwing away money since they can find anything.
Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Postby Teapot1 » Sat 22 Jan, 2022 09:22

If they couldn't find a leak via the plumbing then they should have continued, I always have, it becomes a personal thing, me vs the leak.
Dye is normally used to prove the leak rather than trying to find it. A hydrophone is better as you can hear leaks quite a way off, have a look on YouTube. Have you a light in the pool, if so then a niche leak is a very common thing aroind the cable gland.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.

Return to “Swimming Pool Leaks”