Water leaking into drained inground pool

Leaks in the pool, plumbing, filtration system, skimmer, ...
Finding & repairing swimming pool leaks.
nickbwilson
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 15' X 30' kidney shaped pool made by "Anthony Pools". Pool is in-ground and i think is is concrete covered with plaster. I am in the process of painting with epoxy paint.

Postby nickbwilson » Thu 30 Jun, 2011 22:56

I have an inground pool which I have drained and am preparing to epoxy paint. I have a very slow, small leak at the corner of one of the steps (2 feet below water level when pool is full), where water is leaking into the pool. How should I go about fixing this? can I drill it out in a reverse funnel shape and pump something into there?

Need help!

Thanks,

Nick

ChuckGeo
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Postby ChuckGeo » Fri 01 Jul, 2011 05:47

Goe to the hardware store and get a bucket of hydraulic cement. It is a very fast setting cement that should work in your situation. Where the leak is, clean out any loose material, then mix up enough hydraulic cement to fill the hole. Place the cement into the leaking area and hold it in place with your trowel - it will set in 5 minutes or less, sealing the leak so you can move forward with your painting.
Chuck
Owner, Superior Pool Services
25 years leak detection experience
jenniferhoops
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Postby jenniferhoops » Thu 25 Aug, 2011 23:50

Hey ChuckGeo,

Thanks for suggesting this wonderful product. Actually i have the similar leakage problem in pool and want to ask can i fix it without drain water?
We provides protection against low water flow, lead leaching, corrosion and Water Leaks.
ChuckGeo
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Postby ChuckGeo » Fri 26 Aug, 2011 14:57

Jennifer,
Underwater repairs to gunite pools are best performed using Pool Putty epoxy. It is much easier to use underwater than hydraulic cement.
Chuck

Owner, Superior Pool Services

25 years leak detection experience
czechmate
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: 16 x 32 gunite21000 gal., Diamond Brite Blue, Swimquip XL pump, DE36

Postby czechmate » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 15:53

Don't go for what is easy, but for what will hold!Take a SDS hammer, knock of a reasonable margin of concrete and fill in with portland cement mix 4:1 ratio. Make the mix same semi dry for minimum shrinkage. Tap the matter in real well, smooth off. Done.

Return to “Swimming Pool Leaks”