IN GROUND RETURN LINE LEAK

Leaks in the pool, plumbing, filtration system, skimmer, ...
Finding & repairing swimming pool leaks.
rodm
I'm new here
I'm new here

IN GROUND RETURN LINE LEAK

Postby rodm » Mon 27 Feb, 2017 20:47

Hi, everyone I just found your site and was hoping someone might be able to help. So here goes. I have an in ground concrete pool here in Florida, I was able to find a pretty good leak which loses about an 1" of water per day with the pump off. The leak is approximately 8.5" out from one of the pool jets in the return line. After tunneling under the pool deck the leak is about 1/2" from the outer edge of the pool exterior wall and on the top side of the pvc pipe. I can see it but cant reach it. Is there some kind of liner I can push through the jet to seal this leak or is there some other method other than cutting out the concrete above the leak. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

THANK YOU rodm

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: IN GROUND RETURN LINE LEAK

Postby Denniswiseman » Tue 28 Feb, 2017 04:23

I don't have any experience of this but suggest you speak to a leak repair company who may have a solution
You have done the hardest bit by finding the leak
It won't hurt to ask
ChuckGeo
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Postby ChuckGeo » Tue 28 Mar, 2017 14:43

We usually have to cut out a section of deck to make this type of repair. I am not aware of any tupe of sleeving system. If you have several returns you might consider disconnecting the leaking one (and plugging it poolside) and plumbing around it.
Chuck
Owner, Superior Pool Services
25 years leak detection experience
GoCards
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 28,000 gallon gunite

Postby GoCards » Sat 03 Jun, 2017 06:33

How did you fill in under concrete so no voids
JustinHeber
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby JustinHeber » Thu 06 Jul, 2017 03:46

Denniswiseman wrote:I don't have any experience of this but suggest you speak to a leak repair company who may have a solution
You have done the hardest bit by finding the leak
It won't hurt to ask

I totally agree with you that a Leak Detection Contractor is the best option to get the solution of this problem. They will be able to fix this problem within minutes.
cwhitaker

Postby cwhitaker » Mon 12 Mar, 2018 10:23

I'm curious if you ever fixed the leak. We have the same issue. I know where the leak is located (used leak detector company). However, I do not want to cut into the decorative concrete to repair it. I would like to tunnel under and try to repair that way. Thanks!
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Postby Teapot » Mon 12 Mar, 2018 17:40

There is a repair tube for exactly that job, It's made in the USA and I have one sitting right next to me on my desk.
Look up "The Frankenplug" by Pool pal.
Good luck and please let us know how you get on.

Return to “Swimming Pool Leaks”